Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did Splatoon have any effect your decision to buy a Wii U or pique an interest in the NX?

I bought the Mario Kart 8 Wii U bundle when it was released. However, I did buy Splatoon when it came out and I thought it was a pretty good game. The free DLC was a plus!

Around the Network

Nope. Didn't fall for the hype that game built up, not a fan of the game either. But I did like that Nintendo tried a new large IP. I hope its positive reception of Splatoon entices Nintendo to make more risks with new IPs

Good game and really good for kids having a multiplayer and different approach on a shooting game. But it is intended to those multiplayer shooter players, if WiiU only have the specs of PS4, adding COD and BF with Splatoon. Those players would have good enough rotation of multiplayer shooting games.

FYI, the word is "pique", not "peak".

And no, I bought the Wii U before Splatoon was ever announced. Thoroughly enjoy the game, though.

spemanig said:
No, Splatoon is lame. Fingers crossed for Splatoon 2, though.

Not really understanding you here, You don't like Splatoon but want a Splatoon 2 on NX?

Aielyn said:
FYI, the word is "pique", not "peak".

And no, I bought the Wii U before Splatoon was ever announced. Thoroughly enjoy the game, though.

Thanks for that I've made that mistake a few times always get it wrong lol.

Around the Network
WoodenPints said:

Not really understanding you here, You don't like Splatoon but want a Splatoon 2 on NX.

Fingers crossed that Splatoon 2 isn't as bad as Splatoon. I like the concept. The execution was a trainwreck.

Well, this is new.

Read.