By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ps4 is dying :( Buy another now or ...Ps4 NEO?

I should...

Buy a standard ps4 now. 28 21.05%

Wait for ps4 NEO. 61 45.86%

Buy an x1 or Wii U. 24 18.05%

Save the money and buy nothing. 20 15.04%

Total:133
StokedUp said:
Barkley said:

Not at all, most of the benefits from a gaming standpoint do not require a 4k tv.

Really? If that's the case then I might consider buying one myself, I always thought you needed a 4K TV to see any benefit.

p.s nice avatar, awesome game.

You'd need a 4k tv to see the difference if they increased resolutions above 1080p, and you may see some benefit from upscaling to 4k. However any other graphical changes such as frame rate, shaders, texture resolution, draw distance, polygons, particles etc will all be noticeable on a 1080p screen. And ofc if the game runs at 900p or 720p on the original ps4 you'll be able to notice the increased resolution on the ps4k on a 1080p screen!

And thanks Max+Chloe4life T_T

Around the Network

Buy a standard PS4 now, then buy a Neo when it comes out. That's what I would do

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Just keep it and wait for neo news. I would be more worried about moving out than getting a new system right now. I would also put a lock on your tool box unless that will just make her go to the kitchen and get a knife... :(

Forget about the console. Save your money. Move out or call the police

I'm in a similar situation. My PS4 either has a bad heat sync, or it's filled with dust (I intend to check that today), because the fan works pretty fucking hard. Like, I can hear it in the next room. If cleaning dish out doesn't fix the problem, I'll probably end up swapping it out with a PS4K when the time comes.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

I already sold my PS4 on Ebay with 3 games for $360. Better to just wait and see, there seems to be a lot happening mid-cycle. I might get a PS4 Neo and Battlefield 5 when they come out.

Not specifically because of that. The dissapointment of Street Fighter 5 was another reason, plus there wasn't any games I am looking forward to, plus my 12 month subscription was up(Games like Fallout 4, Dark Souls don't really interest me).

I might switch back PC gaming to play Dota and CS or wait for the PS4 neo/Battfield 5.

John2290 said:

Already have, its modest by todays standards but I can't play Uncharted 4 on it...nor Dark souls 3. maybe Dirt rally on low.

Personally I'd upgrade it sooner rather than later, I remember being that guy for 5 years saying "I can handle this on X setting", got met with "upgrade" responses until I realised it was my own issue.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I'd make whoever used the hammer to pay for a replacement.