By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Nintendo's E3 booth will be reflective of the next Zelda game in development. Huge layout, very colorful, varied.

PaulGaleNetwork said:
WoodenPints said:

Looking forward to it :)

Pavolink said:

If you do, be sure to share with us.

What did you think of my old 2005 video?  Not the best quality, but at least good enough to get an idea of the area.

Very nice tour. It was actually after looking at it that I started to imagine the possibilities of the new booth this year.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
PaulGaleNetwork said:
WoodenPints said:
Although I dislike their decision to not show us the NX 2017 games at E3 they could steal some of the headlines if they create such an amazing booth to get some of the media's hype shining on Nintendo.

The downside of NX not being at E3 is that it doesn't get to make a splash at an event that the world is watching, but the plus side, that is if they hold a unique event somewhere/sometime in September, means that they can run it exactly they way they want to and have 100% of the attention on them.   It's kind of like the pros and the cons when it comes to the system not coming out this November. The con is that Nintendo is missing out on Black Friday and holiday sales…But the pro is that when they release the NX in March, they won't  have to compete with high profile third party games exclusive to other systems or other console's having their own first party exclusives, as well as the push for new virtual reality tech.

March is a relatively calm time of the year, so if Nintendo does the marketing just right, then between September of this year and March of next year, they can make the hype real and have a successful launch, that will also benefit from developers having four months more worth of development time for their games, to hopefully give the console a strong debut lineup.

They just need to get all the NX console/games info out there before the holiday season to get people second guessing on whether they want to get whatever microsoft and sony are churning out or pre-order and wait a couple of months for Nintendo and their NX.  Whatever they present when the time comes, it has to blow everyone away because anything less than that is going to leave people unimpressed and turning towards Microsoft and Sony.

That sounds pretty cool.

I hope those of us at home get to download a demo from the eShop. In order not to piss off those who really don't like the way Nintendo handled E3, they could try to get them back on board.

bet: lost

This is actually pretty amazing. Hopefully they have varied demos indeed, so we get a better look at gameplay! If that's the case, I hope the E3 trailer is focused on the game's story... just like Skyward Sword had one.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

TJZ_Link said:
I can totally see it happening - the several demos, the immersive area, etc. Those E3 video are pretty great, and in some ways a piece of Nintendo history.

Thanks regarding the videos, despite them not being shot in 4K.  Haha.  Yeah, they're pretty classic gems.  :)  (Pics from 2013 added to the original post, btw.)

Pavolink said:
PaulGaleNetwork said:

What did you think of my old 2005 video?  Not the best quality, but at least good enough to get an idea of the area.

Very nice tour. It was actually after looking at it that I started to imagine the possibilities of the new booth this year.

Thank you!  Yeah, after looking back at my pics from Nintendo's booth at E3 2013 and recalling how good of quality those models were, I'm starting to picture stuff like playing in an ice level, in which the walls are all cold/white/blue plastic with dry ice blowing around, etc.  Cool stuff like that!

wombat123 said:
PaulGaleNetwork said:

The downside of NX not being at E3 is that it doesn't get to make a splash at an event that the world is watching, but the plus side, that is if they hold a unique event somewhere/sometime in September, means that they can run it exactly they way they want to and have 100% of the attention on them.   It's kind of like the pros and the cons when it comes to the system not coming out this November. The con is that Nintendo is missing out on Black Friday and holiday sales…But the pro is that when they release the NX in March, they won't  have to compete with high profile third party games exclusive to other systems or other console's having their own first party exclusives, as well as the push for new virtual reality tech.

March is a relatively calm time of the year, so if Nintendo does the marketing just right, then between September of this year and March of next year, they can make the hype real and have a successful launch, that will also benefit from developers having four months more worth of development time for their games, to hopefully give the console a strong debut lineup.

They just need to get all the NX console/games info out there before the holiday season to get people second guessing on whether they want to get whatever microsoft and sony are churning out or pre-order and wait a couple of months for Nintendo and their NX.  Whatever they present when the time comes, it has to blow everyone away because anything less than that is going to leave people unimpressed and turning towards Microsoft and Sony.

Hopefully they pick a nice time like you said, to have a designated event (Say September) and then boom, hammer out the hype from then till March.

HylianYoshi said:
That sounds pretty cool.

I hope those of us at home get to download a demo from the eShop. In order not to piss off those who really don't like the way Nintendo handled E3, they could try to get them back on board.

A playable demo or demos of the E3 builds on eShop would really be a nice treat to gamers around the world, I agree.  Even if it was made availabe a bit after E3, like in July or August...it would still be something nice for the loyal fans waiting patiently for several more months!

LipeJJ said:
This is actually pretty amazing. Hopefully they have varied demos indeed, so we get a better look at gameplay! If that's the case, I hope the E3 trailer is focused on the game's story... just like Skyward Sword had one.

Oh yes, we will definitely be playing in multipe different environments, if my sources are correct.  The areas in which we stand and play are suppose to reflect the environments of that particular section in the demo.  Should be awesome.  To get a better idea of how good things could look, check out my first post, which is now updated with pics of Nintendo's booth at E3 2013.

Around the Network

I meant that the booth will actually be reflective of the game itself.  Beyond artstyle, I was saying that we can expect something along the lines of "live action" versions of their digital counterparts.

PaulGaleNetwork said:
LipeJJ said:

Oh yes, we will definitely be playing in multipe different environments, if my sources are correct.  The areas in which we stand and play are suppose to reflect the environments of that particular section in the demo.  Should be awesome.  To get a better idea of how good things could look, check out my first post, which is now updated with pics of Nintendo's booth at E3 2013.

I just checked... wow, it really looked incredible. Can't imagine how good this year's booth will be! As a Zelda fan, this might be one of the best E3s ever for me (even if they just showcase Zelda ).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

E3 just for zelda... and I love it.

LipeJJ said:
PaulGaleNetwork said:

I just checked... wow, it really looked incredible. Can't imagine how good this year's booth will be! As a Zelda fan, this might be one of the best E3s ever for me (even if they just showcase Zelda ).

Yeah!  A combination of the amount of work that went into making the environment around you as thematic as they did in 2005 with Twilught Princess (as seen in my old video) and with the modern quality of plastic molding from their 2013 booth and wow...E3 is going to be like a Zelda theme park this year!

onionberry said:
E3 just for zelda... and I love it.

It'll definitely stand out amongst all other E3's that's for sure!