By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Zelda won't come to Wii U

Tagged games:

Do you still think it's coming to Wii U?

I'm 100% confident 68 64.76%

I have doubts 37 35.24%

Total:105

Not even I think Nintendo is THAT merciless to their current user base in place of launching a new platform ...

Around the Network

They didn't do that with Twilight Princess, highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt they will do it here. Also, it's not like software sales have been the source of their woes. They've been their one boon. No, the Nintendo of this gen hedges it's bets and plays to the easy buck. They'll release it on Wii U. Nintendo had a full house in 2014 and didn't raise the stakes by bundling Smash or reducing the price to go for more long term profits from a larger install base. And they held ALL the cards in that year. Not bringing Zelda to Wii U would be like Nintendo having a pair of 3s and going all in. No way. Forget character, Nintendo doesn't have the spine for that

Also, stop talking like Nintendo put out nothing of worth in the last 12 months, as if they abandoned the Wii U completely.  XCX, Spltaoon, Mario maker, Yoshi, Pokken, all are worthy additions.  Shoot, XCX is probably the biggest game Nintendo and it's developers have ever even made.  And frankly I find it somewhat hilarious everyone is so angry over last year not bringing a new 3D Mario, Zelda, or new Metroid when whenever Nintendo falls back on the clasics, a lot of people - oftentimes the same people  - start saying Nintendo should explore less prominent IP and create new ones.  I will agree they've made mistakes.  I'll agree they need to get their crap together when it comes to some of their dev teams.  I'll agree they advertise like crap and have mismanaged they're price points.  But I'm not going to just fly off the handle and declare them evil and that they don't care anymore over a 3 month delay. Maybe my time as an Elder Scrolls fan has just made me more patient than most.  Or maybe not being an early adopter gives me a different perspective. Guess what I am trying to say is chill, wait, and see.  Don't talk yourself into a rage over what might be.  Judge things only by what is.  Buy only based on what a platform is when you buy.  You'll get along better that way.

No, it'll still come to WiiU. Nintendo can't afford to screw over their fans that much, they've been doing enough already.

Also, there's only 13 million of us :P

If they didn't try to force the 20+ mil on the GameCube then how would it be perceived as worth it to try and force 13 mill on the Wii U?

Also, Zelda will be the only game playable at the NX-free E3 show floor. Which means either they are lying about the NX thing (unlikely as that caries no advantage whatsoever) or the Wii U version is a thing and the fact it is and will remain a thing is something Nintendo wants to drill into people's heads

The game probably could have released on Wii U this holiday, but was delayed to launch alongside the NX.

What would be the point, other than pissing off current Wii U owners, to not release it when it's probably close to done?

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Nintendo wouldnt drop the Wii U version.... the PR backlash from a move like that..

Well, they could still find a way to gimp the Wii U version, such as making it digital-only.

There is a small chance, i would say.

I think it might just be digital for the Wii U or at the very least a very limited release.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

If the Wii U version at this point in holding back the NX version (smaller environments for example) ... I think they should can the Wii U version in that specific scenario.

Let the game be the best it can be, if it can't be on the Wii U than so be it. At this point it's been delayed so much that it's not going to make any impact for the Wii U at all, it's just being released as a formality.

Nah. As others have said TP came to the GC and Wii. If Nintendo truly wanted people to make it an exclusive they would have done it by now.
Also I remember you making a similar stance on Splatoon having Mario shoehorned into it and that didn't happen so I'm reluctant to believe you here.

And another thing... How can they cancel it when it'll be the only playable wiiu game at e3?