By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japanese Metal Gear Solid 4 bundle SELLS OUT....Already!!

Sure leo-j, I bet the Wii wont get outsold by the PS3 by 200k+ consoles.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
I doubt the ps3 will have a steady 240k week until fall it sounds like too much.

Though I expect 500k for PS3 the week it releases, and 300k the week after, then setteling around 180-210k for a whole month, then back to near 150k.

What happened to " I expect the Wii to stop selling in 2008 " leo?

akuma587 said:
I wish America was getting the special color. They need to do a Red PS3. I saw some of those custom ones and they were ridiculously good looking.

A silver or white PS3 would look better than a red PS3. Black is definitely the best colour in my opinion.

I hope Sony and Konami see thisd and decide to make more. I thin k it is a must for Sony. If this is what the people want give it to them. This game is going to obliterate all previous MGS games sales wise. I think we will see 400K Japan, 1.2M USA, and 1.6M Others the week this title launches. Which interestingly enough puts it at 3.2M first week. Then it will obviously just continue to sell, with it being bundled. That means it should tack on at least 80k a week between the US and Others, for months to follow. I imagaine we will see about 500k consoles moved in week one.

It is so obvoius how quickly PS3 is gathering momentum. With GT5P coming to get things rolling, then GTA4 to kick it into high gear, and MGS4 keeping it moving. Not to mention the Blu-ray 2.0 Profile player, and tons of other games yet to come this year, and PSN Movies, Music, and more. PS3 owns 2008. When this year is all said and done, I think people will be wondering what ever happend to the Wii.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

routsounmanman said:

What happened to " I expect the to stop selling in 2008 " leo?

What hell is your little black dude suppose to do other than get angry when you put your mouse on him?

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
I hope Sony and Konami see thisd and decide to make more. I thin k it is a must for Sony. If this is what the people want give it to them. This game is going to obliterate all previous MGS games sales wise. I think we will see 400K Japan, 1.2M USA, and 1.6M Others the week this title launches. Which interestingly enough puts it at 3.2M first week. Then it will obviously just continue to sell, with it being bundled. That means it should tack on at least 80k a week between the US and Others, for months to follow. I imagaine we will see about 500k consoles moved in week one.

It is so obvoius how quickly PS3 is gathering momentum. With GT5P coming to get things rolling, then GTA4 to kick it into high gear, and MGS4 keeping it moving. Not to mention the Blu-ray 2.0 Profile player, and tons of other games yet to come this year, and PSN Movies, Music, and more. PS3 owns 2008. When this year is all said and done, I think people will be wondering what ever happend to the Wii.
GTA 4 wont affect like you think. I think it will sell more on 360. But the others will help. Will be interesting to see how Mario Kart and Gears Of War affect the other 2 this year 

wow,thats a good news for sony and even more for konami

Not to be a downer here, but I doubt they had more than 10,000 preorders available on their website.

Leo-J, I'll bet a weeks worth of sig space that the PS3 doesn't outsell the Wii by 200,000 on the week the MGS 4 PS3 bundles go on sale.

To be fair to you, lets only have the bet if indeed the units launch with at least 4 full days on the market that week, and if the launch date is universal worldwide. I know we assume it will be, but if it isn't we will have to call it off.

Just FYI, I don't go for bet adaptation. If something changes between now and then on the hardware front, like say, a price drop on the same week, the bet is off.

If you're cool with all that, we can lay down specifics.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.