By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has Nintendo kept their promise of satisfying Wii U owners?

Has Nintendo kept their promise of satisfying Wii U owners?

Yes 86 29.45%

No 167 57.19%

Stop it with these polls 19 6.51%

see results 20 6.85%

Total:292

If the Wii is the "girlfriend console" than the U is the "Splatoon/Sm4sh box". If you're satisfied with a couple Mario rehashes, Zelda remasters and one RPG, by all means you should be.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:

It's a very relative subject. For me, 2D Mario, 3D Mario, Smash, Tons of Zelda spinoffs/ports, Mario Kart, Pokken, Mario Maker, Bayonetta, Splatoon, Pikmin 3, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Yoshi Wooly World, Kirby Rainbow Curse, Captain Toad... were enough to satisfy me. Now, there are those who are more into gaming than even I am and they feel that they were cheated but I don't see how. We got the heavy hitters that we usually get and we've got Paper Mario and Shin Megami X FE on the way. But as a whole, the loss of 3rd parties may have some to believe that the Wii U hasn't delivered and in some aspects, it hasn't delivered. But For me, I think they kept their promise. I got good, quality games and I had enough to satisfy me.

This.

Ultrashroomz said:
I bought my Wii U solely for Smash, so I'm definitely regarded in that regard.

I know if I was a diehard Zelda fan, I'd probably be extremely mad right now.

Nah WiiU has the best home console Zelda game since the N64... Twilight Princess HD Wind Waker HD HYRULE WARRIORS!!!

I am. I'm not blind enough to hate them simply by delaying one game. They released a good amount of games, and I've bought more games that I have time to play on it... and there are still more games that I want.

Still need to finish Yoshi, Xenoblade, Rayman Legends, etc. And still want to get Bayonetta.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
I am. I'm not blind enough to hate them simply by delaying one game. They released a good amount of games, and I've bought more games that I have time to play on it... and there are still more games that I want.

Still need to finish Yoshi, Xenoblade, Rayman Legends, etc. And still want to get Bayonetta.

Oh, so the blind people is the one that hates them for delaying one game, not the ones supporting their mistakes and lack of ambitions. Gotcha.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
t3mporary_126 said:
Paatar said:
He just stated again that the NX isn't replacing either the Wii U or 3DS. With Zelda being ported to the NX, I'm even more curious what the hell it is if it isn't replacing the Wii U or 3Ds.

Nintendo said the same thing about DS. Don't believe in every Nintendo PR man. Nintendo only forecasted 800k Wii U sales from now until next March.

Nintendo did indeed say the same thing about DS. And they kept supporting the GBA through to the end of 2006 despite the DS releasing in 2004. Indeed, GBA got a 'mainline' Zelda title, two pokemon titles (one a spinoff), a Fire Emblem, a Wario Ware, a Yoshi game, Mario Party, Mario Tennis, and a DK title.

They said DS wasn't replacing GBA for one primary reason - the DS was experimental, they weren't sure, prior to release, whether it would do well. So they made sure they kept their GBA business protected while launching the DS - if the DS worked, people would migrate, and the backwards compatibility meant that people would be able to buy the new GBA titles. If the DS flopped, the GBA would sustain them until they were ready for a new handheld.

Nintendo forecasted 800k Wii U hardware sales. Most likely for two reasons - one, to make sure they are lowballing this one, and two, because the imminent release of new hardware (which they will probably be spending most of the second half of 2016 talking about) is likely to mean that their holiday season will be weak.

Meanwhile, they're planning to maintain support for Wii U beyond this financial year. That doesn't mean they plan on selling a heap of Wii U hardware units, it just means they'll keep making Wii U software. And you can bet that the NX will be backwards compatible with most Wii U titles, if not all. NX is clearly another experimental release, something that does things differently. Whether that means "convergence" or something else, I don't know.

Aielyn said:
t3mporary_126 said:

Nintendo said the same thing about DS. Don't believe in every Nintendo PR man. Nintendo only forecasted 800k Wii U sales from now until next March.

Nintendo did indeed say the same thing about DS. And they kept supporting the GBA through to the end of 2006 despite the DS releasing in 2004. Indeed, GBA got a 'mainline' Zelda title, two pokemon titles (one a spinoff), a Fire Emblem, a Wario Ware, a Yoshi game, Mario Party, Mario Tennis, and a DK title.

They said DS wasn't replacing GBA for one primary reason - the DS was experimental, they weren't sure, prior to release, whether it would do well. So they made sure they kept their GBA business protected while launching the DS - if the DS worked, people would migrate, and the backwards compatibility meant that people would be able to buy the new GBA titles. If the DS flopped, the GBA would sustain them until they were ready for a new handheld.

Nintendo forecasted 800k Wii U hardware sales. Most likely for two reasons - one, to make sure they are lowballing this one, and two, because the imminent release of new hardware (which they will probably be spending most of the second half of 2016 talking about) is likely to mean that their holiday season will be weak.

Meanwhile, they're planning to maintain support for Wii U beyond this financial year. That doesn't mean they plan on selling a heap of Wii U hardware units, it just means they'll keep making Wii U software. And you can bet that the NX will be backwards compatible with most Wii U titles, if not all. NX is clearly another experimental release, something that does things differently. Whether that means "convergence" or something else, I don't know.

You honestly believe there will be more Nintendo published game after Zelda U/NX that aren't mini games for Wii U? I would like to take a bet with you good sir.

Edit: Or maybe you're just saying they will keep shipping existing Wii U software??

There has been some good times with the Wii U, including a few games that would go down as some of the best I've played.

But overall, not satisfied. It has been a real mess of a console.

i dont even know if i still have a wii u anymore

Everyone knows my opinion on Super Mario 3D world.... its not nearly as good as a mario64 or galaxy game would have been.
We havnt gotten Zelda... which was a key reson for getting the wii u.

"Has Nintendo kept their promise of satisfying Wii U owners?"

No.

Some good games have been out though:

Captain toad: tresure tracker, DK Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, XCX...