By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who do you think will be the first third party developer that......

Who do you think will be the first third party developer that will take a risk and develop a AAA high budget exclusive game for the wii?

Around the Network

My first question is:

What's your idea of a "high budget" game for the Wii?

Square-Enix

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Capcom has been the first for a while now. Ever heard of Monster Hunter 3? You might also count Tecmo's Fatal Frame IV, but I don't think it's quite AAA.

MontanaHatchet said:
My first question is:

A game like resident evil 5.

Around the Network

MH 3 is only really and AAA title in Japan, it is not that popular outside of Japan

ctk495 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
My first question is:

A game like resident evil 5.

Well, since RE5 is never going to be on the Wii, then I'll have to go with Square-Enix (Kingdom Hearts, who knows!).

Capcom or Square

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

Yeah I´d guess it will be a Japanese dev. like Square-Enix... but depending on the sales of PS360 multiplat games it might be others... but I don´t know much about Japanese devs so don´t listen to me.

Munkeh111 said:
MH 3 is only really and AAA title in Japan, it is not that popular outside of Japan

True for now. But Capcom has been quite adamant that they're going to make a big push in the west on the Monster Hunter franchise. They've said they'll be making a large marketing push outside of Japan. Don't be surprised if this is the game to really breakout big time over here.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.