By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - SHOCK CLAIM: Ukrainian fighter jet shot down Malaysia Airlines' MH17

curl-6 said:

Sharu said:

Oh, so much bullshit... )) Of course when USA makes the ratings it will pull Russia down... 
Also pls give me some information on 'routinely murdered' opposition journalists? Names, dates? ))

Kerotan said:

Again judged my countries with an agenda against Russia.  They're no angels but not as bad as you think. 

So it's just a huge coincidence that critics of Russia's leadership just happen to keep getting killed in suspicious circumstances?

Since 1992, Russia has had the 7th highest number of journalists killed of any country in the world: https://cpj.org/killed/

Of course. We had fighting in centre of Moscow in 1993, when you democratic Yeltsin was shooting from tanks to parlament. Lots of people killed. Then we had 2 Chechen wars. During that wars west supported muslim terrorists, the same from which ISIS arise now. And you know, when journalist works on war its more likely to be killed then during usual work.
Pls give us data from 2005 till now. When second Chechen war finished.

And I just hope for all of good people in America that USA will never know what is a war on its territory.  

Around the Network
Sharu said:
curl-6 said:

So it's just a huge coincidence that critics of Russia's leadership just happen to keep getting killed in suspicious circumstances?

Since 1992, Russia has had the 7th highest number of journalists killed of any country in the world: https://cpj.org/killed/

Of course. We had fighting in centre of Moscow in 1993, when you democratic Yeltsin was shooting from tanks to parlament. Lots of people killed. Then we had 2 Chechen wars. During that wars west supported muslim terrorists, the same from which ISIS arise now. And you know, when journalist works on war its more likely to be killed then during usual work.

And I just hope for all of good people in America that USA will never know what is a war on its territory.  

1.  It's true that the United States has gone longer than most nations without having to fight a war on its own soil, but ... come on.  Say "never again".  Even if you're not an American, it's a bit surprising that you wouldn't have heard about the American Civil War.  The south relied on slavery for agriculture and the north didn't, and when the south was afraid the north would repress their practice of slavery they tried to break away and be their own country.  The north didn't want to let them leave, so we fought a pretty bloody war for four years and kept the country together.  (Yes, there were battles in the territory of both sides.)  Ironically, there was little chance of ending southern slavery before the war, but after the rebellion the north was in no mood to let them keep what inspired them to rebel.  Additionally, freeing the southern slaves was a war tactic that the north wasn't willing to renege on (wasn't willing to go back on their deal with the freed slaves).  One hundred years later ending racial segregation was another racial issue that the South was on the wrong end of, but it never got close to war, although a lot of blacks died to terrorism in that time. 

2.  Asking for data since 2005?  Are you serious?  The link he gave you breaks it down year by year!  How lazy are you? 
2005 and later:  15 "motive confirmed", 7 "motive unconfirmed"

Since 1992, only 35% of the deaths are attributed to "combat/crossfire" or "dangerous assignment", the rest is just "murder" (i.e. not due to wars).  So in the future you will know better than to give this excuse, and not claim that war is the reason for most dead journalists in Russia, yes? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

1. I mean people who live in USA now don't know shit of whar is a war on your land. But it seems you very eager to bring wars to others.

2. Do you think every murder is a political one?

Sharu said:
1. I mean people who live in USA now don't know shit of whar is a war on your land. But it seems you very eager to bring wars to others.

2. Do you think every murder is a political one?

1.  Knowing of war on your own land doesn't seem to stop Russia from bringing it to others.  Why did you even start this topic? 

2.  Obviously not.  But tell me why Russia has so many more journalists getting murdered.  Russia has half as many people as the United States, but has had five times as many murders of journalists.  Is your murder rate ten times higher than ours?  I looked on Google and what I found suggested a murder rate three times higher (not ten). 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Sharu said:
curl-6 said:

The same site (CPJ) lists 15 journalists killed since 2005. So the rate of deaths since 2005 has been fairly consistent with the rate of deaths since 1992.

https://www.cpj.org/killed/europe/russia/