By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Unleased is Appartly Headed to the Wii...

looks like the reinforcements came LOL.

Seriously maybe the Wii will see it best graphics in year 3 while most console see them in year 5, but no way 1st year was it.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Is there any actual confirmation that the screens and video leaked are actually of the game known as 'Sonic Unleashed'?

They may be from another title...

bigjon said:
looks like the reinforcements came LOL.

Seriously maybe the Wii will see it best graphics in year 3 while most console see them in year 5, but no way 1st year was it.

You're probably right.  It's conventional logic, but what I saw in MP3 is worrisome...

@Words of Wisdom: Where did you get that information anyway? Why would they render Samus, for the monsters to have something pretty to look at? Nothing personal, but I call BS. PS: ignore my comment about silly thread, I thought we were in another one.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Hitting that first wall happens the first day of programming for the very first game for that system. What can't be done by Developer A today is done by Developer B tomorrow. Basically your first example is a moot point since it's valid instantly.

There is no arbitrary cut off point that dictates when optimization is required for the simple fact that everything gets optimized in some fashion.

Your second point is closer but again, Developer A today vs Developer B tomorrow; the maximum point moves on.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

After seeing the screenshots, and watching the video, I didn't see anything that graphically couldn't be achieved on the Wii. Wii has some really good looking games, and this Sonic game just looks like a good-looking Wii game.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

so let me get this right, the only reason anyone thinks this is on the 360 is because the graphics look too good?

The only reason the 360 makes sense at it is because Sonic does not sell in Japan and neither does 360 so it would not be like they are missing any sales. Also a Wii360 would cover everyone. The core gamers would get it for the 360(unless something special is done with the WiiMote) and the casuals who bought M&S would eat this baby up alive on the Wii. I see no reason for a PS3 release. It would be a ton of extra dev cost with very little reward.

I am going to Stand by this- Sonic Unleased will be

Wii360DS, Wii exlcusive, or WiiDS(in this case the DS game be a diffenent game entirely.. like Sonic Rush 3 or something, but just something to sell off of the hype)

Oh come on. This Sonic Unleashed has worse graphics than Kameo.

And WoW, you should know that in almost every FPS your character is not rendered, or sometimes is not given any detail. Try going third person in Half-Life 2. That's not a "trick". Actually, I don't remember Retro talking much about graphics when MP3 was in development. I remember they mentioned they added some nice effects without hassle, and no more than that.

And, while I haven't played MP3, I've seen it running in person, and I can say is technically much less advanced than Mario Galaxy.

fazz said:
Oh come on. This Sonic Unleashed has worse graphics than Kameo.

And WoW, you should know that in almost every FPS your character is not rendered, or sometimes is not given any detail. Try going third person in Half-Life 2. That's not a "trick". Actually, I don't remember Retro talking much about graphics when MP3 was in development. I remember they mentioned they added some nice effects without hassle, and no more than that.

And, while I haven't played MP3, I've seen it running in person, and I can say is technically much less advanced than Mario Galaxy.

Fair enough.  I've never actually paid attention to this type of thing so I was very surprised when I saw it in MP3.

all I can say is that I did not realize everyone was basing their opinions on comments from IGN, they appartly knew very little about this game and were just making comments by the seat of their pants. This makes sense. This is one of the reasons why we are seeing MK:Wii, Brawl, and WiiFit in a 2 month period in the spring. Nintendo knows they have plenty of fire power for the fall.