By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Unleased is Appartly Headed to the Wii...

bigjon said:
arsenalrc15 said:
i doubt that Sonic Unleashed will come out for the Wii.

thank you for your imput...

alright bro

here's a link to a summary of an IGN Wii podcast which STATES that Sonic Unleashed is not going to be on the Wii

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21583

look under the reader questions section 

Around the Network
arsenalrc15 said:
bigjon said:
arsenalrc15 said:

alright bro

here's a link to a summary of an IGN Wii podcast which STATES that Sonic Unleashed is not going to be on the Wii

Actually, they don't know. They THINK it looks too good for Wii. They are probably basing that statement solely on the fact that the screenshots are 1280x720.

fazz said:
arsenalrc15 said:
bigjon said:
arsenalrc15 said:

alright bro

Actually, they don't know. They THINK it looks too good for Wii. They are probably basing that statement solely on the fact that the screenshots are 1280x720.

Yea IGN was basing solely off the screens, as they apparently had no clue about this at all.  Our wonderful insiders eh.  

if it does come o the Wii, it seems that the visuals are a focal point and the game on the Wii may not go nearly as well as on the 360 and PS3 so i'm saying that the Wii will probably get a Sonic game under a different name or a significantly reduced package of Sonic Unleashed.

Zucas said:
fazz said:
arsenalrc15 said:
bigjon said:
arsenalrc15 said:

alright bro

Yea IGN was basing solely off the screens, as they apparently had no clue about this at all. Our wonderful insiders eh.

Yeah. I mean, they think Brawl looks the same as Melee :rolleyes:

I'll take on step further, taking the risk of being hated and flamed (shock), and say that the still rumored Wii version will look the same as the 360/PS3 (yes, PS3) version, minus the 1280x720 resolution obviously. 

I'm basing my statement on the rather low polygon count, lack of advanced texturing effects, average texture resolution and lack of variety on them.

Discuss :) 

Around the Network

^^^ To tell ya the truth when I saw the screens I though they were from the Wii version, cause it looked a lot more like Sonic and the Secret Rings than Sonic PS360 game. I though it was from the Wii version. I mean whatever I guess.

arsenalrc15 said:
if it does come o the Wii, it seems that the visuals are a focal point and the game on the Wii may not go nearly as well as on the 360 and PS3 so i'm saying that the Wii will probably get a Sonic game under a different name or a significantly reduced package of Sonic Unleashed.
i am so tired of this crappy argument, Then why did secret rings sell a lot more than the sonic that came out on the PS/360? This argument really needs to die, Gameplay always trumps graphics.  

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

I wouldn't trust IGN's level of journalism as far as I could throw it... but like they say, lets wait for an announcement :)

SEGA would have to be extremely stupid not to make a Wii version. It makes no business sense to not put it on your best selling platform. Oh wait, this is SEGA, who managed to badly botch both the Saturn and the Dreamcast. SEGA, who nearly went bankrupt.

So in the end, though logic says to put it on Wii, it wouldn't surprise me if SEGA screws it up again. I think it's likely to be on Wii, but being SEGA, it wouldn't surprise me if they somehow messed it up.

I don't care much anymore though. Sonic Team has collapsed. They couldn't make the jump to 3D. Sonic Adventure 2 was the last GOOD game they made, let alone great one.

sega has said nothing to confirm either way.... unless it is a sonic FPS there is no reason to put it on the 360 since FPS games are the only ones to sell GREAT on the 360. Basically Nothing sells great on PS3... AC, and COD4 did because people wanted jaw dropping graphics. Sonic will not deliver there. It is casual. Either Wii exclusive or multiplatform are the only 2 logical choices for Sega.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut