By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are the NX rumors out of hand?

Nintendo needs people talking and getting hyped, they better deliver though.

Around the Network
Scisca said:
The only thing that's out of hand is Nintendo. Where the heck is the NX reveal? Have they really completely lost touch with how this industry works? E3 is coming, they should host a reveal event some time prior to it, just like Sony and MS did. It's baffling that such a legendary company strayed so far away from the path the industry took and it actually is on the bring of getting squezzed out of the market.

MS had revile at late May, we are in April now.

Yes. I hope this console delivers

Totally. In the lack of anything interesting to talk people keep putting ridiculous rumors about NX.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

There have been rumors about NX? Huh, I hadn't noticed...

Around the Network
Ck1x said:
What's crazy about rumors is that people actually defend that Sony can make a PS4 Neo using the new AMD Polaris gpu for $399 (that suppose to come out in October by the rumors). But Nintendo somehow can't use either the Polaris 10 or 11, because it's Nintendo... lol

Perhaps because Sony is a HW manufacturer, have more focused engineers or just because they accept to sell for a loss and have more volume?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Ck1x said:
What's crazy about rumors is that people actually defend that Sony can make a PS4 Neo using the new AMD Polaris gpu for $399 (that suppose to come out in October by the rumors). But Nintendo somehow can't use either the Polaris 10 or 11, because it's Nintendo... lol

Perhaps because Sony is a HW manufacturer, have more focused engineers or just because they accept to sell for a loss and have more volume?

So Nintendo is not a hardware manufacturer now?

Nintendo has as many potential products to sell to the public as Sony if AMD did win both the NX console and handheld for Nintendo... looking at the PS4 Sony is not in the mood anymore to sell hardware at a loss, so if Sony can get these chips at a reasonable price to put in a $400 box so can Nintendo.  

ktay95 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
Yes, 8 months ago. It's kind of ridiculous at this point I cannot wait for it to be announced so these rumours can end

Haha, you think rumors will stop after the reveal. You poor poor boy

This is true! Nintendo will show the console and controller but they won't talk about the spec's of the machine. So expect rumors about power of the console for awhile until its launched and someone opens it up.

ktay95 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
Yes, 8 months ago. It's kind of ridiculous at this point I cannot wait for it to be announced so these rumours can end

Haha, you think rumors will stop after the reveal. You poor poor boy

Prepare for the NX RUMOR APOCALYPSE ! When Nintendo reveals a new console, they historically have NEVER SHOWN A SYSTEM'S SPECS. The reveal is when the real rumors will begin. What you are seeing now is nothing in comparison.

On the other hand we already know Sony NEO specs before the system is even officially announced.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969