By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Guerrilla Games’ Horizon: Zero Dawn Delayed to Early 2017 According to Insider

Tagged games:

kowenicki said:
Kerotan said:
It's a smart decision if true. Way too much competition at Christmas. Better off letting the big hitters releases and then coming out in March.

lol.  Oh come on.  Are you saying it will actually be finished but they will DECIDE to moth ball it until March?

It isnt a "smart decision", it isnt a decision at all.  It just wont be finished.

We are how stacking releases at Christmas worked out for Microsoft.  They don't do diddly squat.  

And it's because the mega 3Rd party franchises gobble up this window.  So they end up wasting potential and having like one game for the first 8 months of the next year.  

Meanwhile Sony continually have their games releasing in the first 6 months.  So they aren't competing with the mega hitters.  

Maybe it's a coincidence Sony's games always get delayed from winter to spring.  or maybe it's a tactic.  Either way it's good for them and good for the players. 

Around the Network

I heard it's just delayed until the ps4 version of God of war ascension comes out

I'm not surprised if this is true. I've just come to accept these things when it comes to Sony exclusives. Still one of my most anticipated titles though.

PS4/PS3/PC/3DS Owner (Will buy a Switch when mainline Pokemon game is released)

TheBlackNaruto said:
ZahaDoom said:

You honestly believe the ps4k Isn't going to cause a flood of delays?

Ucouldntbemorewrong said:

Well of course it is, as well as every game to meet NEO specs will be delayed, this is going to suck. Sony just handed the lead to MS unless they do this also. I'm so bullshit about this as I'm sure Developers are also since there is yet another skew to dev for. "Hey Nintendo here is your hole"

The bolded definitely isn't going to happen lol. That is some LONG reach right there.

But to be honest since the PS4K RUMORS have not been confirmed yet and everything is still speculation we can't say if it has or even will causes delays. We don't know enough about the PS4K/NEO yet. But for some reason people love jumping directly to the negative about it....splitting user bases, causing delays, betraying customers, I will never buy a Sony Product again, will never buy at launch again etc. Like really? NOTHING has happened yet but it is all bad and the blame for the worst all of a sudden lol...i

Nothing new here that's just the internet for you with people talking bad about something (or even shit) they don't have any info on it.

the good old the world is going to end because ..... reason^^

ZahaDoom said:

You honestly believe the ps4k Isn't going to cause a flood of delays?

oh right an extremely ambitious open world game getting delayed is impossible. my god, that's just ridiculous. of course open world games don't need polish, that's why so many similar games like Fallout and the Witcher didn't have bugs. Oh wait.  And the owner of the tweet didn't say that the PS4.5 was the reason it was being delayed, he just said it was going to look great on it.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network

The Killzone devs got to nail this one. Seems legit, though it does put a damper on PS4's exclusive offerings this year to stand out, not that it needs to, but still.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.