By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MICROSOFT FY16 Q3 RESULTS: Rev $20.5bn. Op Income $5.3bn. Net Profit $3.8bn

Never mind, found it, its april 28th

Around the Network

So, all we know hardware rev was down. Okay, but the reason is three fold,
1. Xbox 360 rest in peace btw and we should see down YoY for the next year because of this right here.
2. Xbox One sales aren't enough to make up for what they are losing from 360 which is kinda weird too at this point.
3. Pricing. You can't win a race to $0. As they mentioned they were down because prices were down without sales being up but, their software sales were up.

So I would recommend them do the following:

Try to keep the Xbox One price high... or introduce an attractive bundle for $399 that way you can sustain a healthy price over time. Perhaps when they launch the slim model package it with Gears 4. No lower than $349 and sit on that price and bundle.

Reduce the number of bundle overall so that the free software being included can add to the software revenue which is their strongest asset here.

One of the things that Nintendo does right financially is keeping their first party games at premium prices. Release more first party titles and keep the prices high.

Don't be afraid to look to PC for additional sources of gaming revenue. People will bitch, but Gears must come to PC and it must be a quality port (for the love of all that is holy).

Still printing money!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

CosmicSex said:
1. Xbox 360 rest in peace btw and we should see down YoY for the next year because of this right here.
2. Xbox One sales aren't enough to make up for what they are losing from 360 which is kinda weird too at this point.
3. Pricing. You can't win a race to $0. As they mentioned they were down because prices were down without sales being up but, their software sales were up.

Try to keep the Xbox One price high... or introduce an attractive bundle for $399 that way you can sustain a healthy price over time. Perhaps when they launch the slim model package it with Gears 4. No lower than $349 and sit on that price and bundle.

Reduce the number of bundle overall so that the free software being included can add to the software revenue which is their strongest asset here.

One of the things that Nintendo does right financially is keeping their first party games at premium prices. Release more first party titles and keep the prices high.

Don't be afraid to look to PC for additional sources of gaming revenue. People will bitch, but Gears must come to PC and it must be a quality port (for the love of all that is holy).

I think new hardware is coming soon. There's no way they can continue to operate Xbox with price cuts and giveaways to keep the system attractive when nothing seems to be offsetting it. When software sales are led by Minecraft, well, that's not Xbox hardware specific at all. And Month;y Active Users are actually down two million despite being up YoY for the quarter. Xbox needs to be invigorated soon I believe.

CosmicSex said:

Try to keep the Xbox One price high... or introduce an attractive bundle for $399 that way you can sustain a healthy price over time.Perhaps when they launch the slim model package it with Gears 4. No lower than $349 and sit on that price and bundle.

They just launched a great bundle which will likey be the go-to until a slim arrives - http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/consoles/1TB-spring-Bundle

Around the Network
3sexty said:
RolStoppable said:
Meh... no numbers.

Makes it very boring to read through this thread.

Then why did you even bother reading through this thread, moreover, bother to post on it. Your intentions are very transparent.

Caught in the Rol trap.

MS talking about Xbox revenue, but was Xbox profitable?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

kowenicki said:
tbone51 said:

His post literally hit the spot. It was for bait for kow which he took. Ironically if Kow never said anything there wouldnt be need for that post xD

Edit: I was still hoping for numbers.(i didnt expect it) Hopefully one day whether its a quarter report or not we get them. 

In a weird way I actually baited him further up. 😊

You out rol'd the Rol.  well play sir,  well played.  

Am I right in saying active xbox live users dropped from last quarter? 

Kerotan said:
kowenicki said:

In a weird way I actually baited him further up. 😊

You out rol'd the Rol.  well play sir,  well played.  

Am I right in saying active xbox live users dropped from last quarter? 

by 2m? I think

Can I have a million?

Xbox One Hardware unit sales were up for the 9 months ending March 31st 2016 compared to the 9 months ending March 31st 2015.