By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Irrational fear towards Arabic

Salnax said:
When I hear somebody say "Allah," I don't panic because of the Arabic word or Islam. I panic because discussions about religion rarely end well unless everyone involved already respects one another. If I heard somebody talking about Jesus on a regular basis, I would be keeping an eye out for possible escape routes.

Arabic writing is nice looking, I'll give you that. I prefer Hebrew characters aesthetically, but they can be a bitch with the vowels sometimes. I can't say I know much about how Arabic compares in that regard.

As a speaker of both Arabic and Hebrew, I can tell you that if you have a problem when it comes to grammar structure/vocabulary in Hebrew, then the problem would be 20 times worse in Arabic lol. Arabic and Hebrew are very similar, but Arabic is much more complicated in almost every way.

About the "Allah" thing, a lot of times when Arabs/Muslims are frustrated they just say "Ya Allah" (Oh God). A huge number of Israeli Jews even use the term "Allah" (albeit in a somewhat derogatory manner).

Around the Network

I wouldn't call it irrational dude. I mean when some dudes who speaks arabic and love allah swears to kill you and everything you love, well I'd say that's pretty much normal to develop a tendency to be careful around people who speaks arabic and love allah.

In a perfect world, it should not be like that, but we're humans, ask a white blonde dude with blue eyes how people react in arabic countries when they sees him.

I used to live in japan, and people use to stare at me, It's weird yes, but thing is, at this moment, in this place, you are the "odd one". If you live where I live though, in Paris, trust me, there is so many muslims that nobody will stare at you for speaking Arabic.

As for the Americans getting over it? Well that won't happen anytime soon, with the media spreading fear, with the US still doing shit in middle east on a weekly basis, and with so many middle east countries not being stable any time soon...

Werent you jewish?

barneystinson69 said:

White guilt is everywhere. But American's shouldn't fear arabs as long as they aren't as stupid as the Europeans in terms of integrating them. The Europeans on the other hand; well god help them! What they've done is set about the distruction of their society by allowing muslims to split off and take over chunks of their societies. But I don't want to go off-topic, so that's for a different time.

How about America gets it together?  Most of the refugees are coming as a result of Americans meddling in the middle east for the last 30 years.  That's what ISIS is a by product of.  

It's all well and good for the Americans to sit on their high horse but you have the Atlantic between you and the Middle East.  We don't and it's very hard to stop refugees.  And besides who can blame them for coming.  

I'm completely against mass muslim migration because they don't integrate very well at all,  but let's not fool ourselves about who's to blame. 

LurkerJ said:

And you know what, OP.

I am sure many have their reasons to fear certain groups of Arabs.

If my girlfriend drove a car in Saudi Arabia, she'd be in trouble.

If my gay Arabic friend expressed his love on the phone, in a public place in any Arabic country, he'd in big trouble.

If my transgender friend walked the streets wearing make up and showing his facial hair, he'd be in big big trouble.

Hell, somewhere in Iraq and Syria, you might get killed if a certain group of Arabic terrorists found out that you are following the "wrong" sector of Islam.

I don't even have to go that far, I've seen it first hand in the UK. Arabic Muslims enjoy our country because we are tolerant of their right to be as prejudiced against Jews and as homophobic as they please. They enjoy it in ways they couldn't in their Arabic speaking countries.

So many troubled places in this world, and the West still has so many miles to go when it comes to morality progress. I have to wonder what that means for most Arabs. Time to ask your people to get it together no?

Already tried. Of course, they don't really care. Their noses are too deep in their traditions.

Really hoping the horrible Arabs die off. I always do see them smoking 24/7. Hopefully that will help get rid of the ones who do nothing but bring down others.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Werent you jewish?

Lmao no. Some people think I am Jewish though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Kerotan said:
barneystinson69 said:

White guilt is everywhere. But American's shouldn't fear arabs as long as they aren't as stupid as the Europeans in terms of integrating them. The Europeans on the other hand; well god help them! What they've done is set about the distruction of their society by allowing muslims to split off and take over chunks of their societies. But I don't want to go off-topic, so that's for a different time.

How about America gets it together?  Most of the refugees are coming as a result of Americans meddling in the middle east for the last 30 years.  That's what ISIS is a by product of.  

It's all well and good for the Americans to sit on their high horse but you have the Atlantic between you and the Middle East.  We don't and it's very hard to stop refugees.  And besides who can blame them for coming.  

I'm completely against mass muslim migration because they don't integrate very well at all,  but let's not fool ourselves about who's to blame. 

^

This. This is great.

Thank you

JustcallmeRiff said:
Dunban67 said:

yes because no one ever condems that?????  just the entire country as it should-    you might consider thinking before typing

When a Christian terrorist shoot up or bombs in abortion clinic and when anti Muslim protesters carry guns to terrorise worshippers major news outlets like Fox and others like Glenn Beck Rush Limbaugh and Alex Jones turn them into Heroes and martyrs for the Christian cause look up the term of the othering

Dunban67 said:

yes because no one ever condems that?????  just the entire country as it should-    you might consider thinking before typing

You are way too influenced by propaganda- think for yourself and don t beleive everything you read- do some real resaerch and form an educated opinion- not the all too lazy,  common and ill informed   "those bad Christians are to blame"       I m a Christian, most people i know are Christians- and I have never heard ONE of them defend a bombing of a clinic or otherwise - weathere the person agreed w abortion or not  and there are MANY Christian groups ORgs etc that condem such actions publicly and many more that would if the line to do so was not already so long-     Same can t be said of Muslim orgs and groups when the far more common muslim/middle east based terrorist groups commit terorist act s of violence -  tthere are a few that coe out against it but you won t see or here nearly the same outcry/condemnation from them

I hope many of the young people on these boards outgrow some or all the propaganda they are fed in many colleges and most media outlests these days and think for themselvs

LurkerJ said:

Time to ask your people to get it together no?

Why should he? 'his people' and the whole world need to get it together. Anything that peoplet to who speak the same language as him do isn't his responsibility. 

I don't apologise everytime an English speaker molests a child, or shoots up a school, and I don't need to.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I'm fairly sure the christian apostle Paul was very happy to see people fight christianism and it's values, thinking something like: "I'm really glad I have so much to teach them".

Wasn't islam also a religion of peace? Because next to that, you just look like someone full of hate.