By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Irrational fear towards Arabic

ohmylanta1003 said:

I'm NOT TELLING YOU TO LEAVE THIS SITE! I'm just saying that if you want to talk politics, go talk politics somewhere else. When you want to talk video games, come here. I'm not trying to drive users that have the intent to use this website correctly away. Just the ones that set out to turn this website into something it isn't. And please stop saying free speech. That's not what we're talking about here. Your argument doesn't even make sense for the reasons I laid out in my last post.

Then leave this site because you're not talking about video games and quite invested in this discussion, are you? If this is your standard, then I expect you to also adhere to it, too. Also, you're contradicting yourself when you say you're not telling people to leave VGC and on the very next sentence, you're telling them to leave if the discussions are related to politics.

In addition, this thread does not violate any forum rules. Why do you think there are the General Discussion and Political Discussion tags available when creating new threads? All you have accomplished is expressing the desire of imposing your will on other people, hence why free speech is being brought up. You're telling people what they should or should not talk about in a forum that you do NOT own nor are you a moderator.

Seriously, is it that hard to ignore this thread and move on?

Around the Network
ohmylanta1003 said:
hershel_layton said:

Hope my message is clear.

Your message doesn't even make sense. I was jokingly arguing free speech, because someone in response to me argued it. Free speech is never a good argument on forums/websites. Yeah, you can say what you want. That doesn't mean you won't get banned for it. Read my post above.

And FYI, I don't care what you think about me. The message I got, though, is that your calling me an asshole.

Not the biggest point. What I'm saying is that many of the people here are showing you the door. If people wanted to keep the website restricted to games only, I would've had more complaints before.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

ohmylanta1003 said:
hershel_layton said:

get off the threads then lmao.

I make a bunch of gaming and off-topic threads. The people in VGChartz are a more mature audience compared to typical social media. Actual, good conversations occur most of the time.

And trust me, I know. You are almost single handedly the reason I'm writing everything I'm writing.

Thank you. 😂😂😂

Means a lot to me to hear that 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Mike_L said:
barneystinson69 said:

White guilt is everywhere. But American's shouldn't fear arabs as long as they aren't as stupid as the Europeans in terms of integrating them. The Europeans on the other hand; well god help them! What they've done is set about the distruction of their society by allowing muslims to split off and take over chunks of their societies. But I don't want to go off-topic, so that's for a different time.

You're right. The huge amount of refugees make it impossible to offer an effective integration. That's not fair neither to the refugees nor to the European population but it's because we feel obligated to help refugees from a country we're bombing.

I live in Denmark. A country with a size of less than 43,000 km2. We receive 4 times as many refugees per capita than the US. It's not possible to avoid creating parallel societies in such a tiny country. The US in not completely innocent, you know. Bombing the hell out of Middle East knowing that most refugees will end up in Europe.

A solution could be to send a large number of international ground forces to e.g. Syria to be able to help the refugees in the local areas. In that way fewer innocent people would get killed and the population wouldn't have to become refugees and leave their country in the first place. After the threat e.g. ISIS has been neutralized Europe, US, etc. would help funding a rebuild of the areas.

That'll take a lot of money but ironically not much compared to what most European countries spend on ineffective integration (600,000 US$ in average per refugee in Sweden and Denmark).

No. Country Natives per refugee
1  Sweden 65
2  Norway 103
3   Switzerland 112
4  Austria 138
5  Netherlands 200
6  Canada 224
7  France 246
8  Denmark 310
9  Germany 328
10  Belgium 346
11  Luxembourg 414
12  Russia 449
13  Finland

14  United Kingdom 526
15  Italy 641
16  Bulgaria 667
17  Australia 685
18  Ireland 756
19  United States 1210
20  Hungary 2393
21  Poland 2420
22  Iceland 3070
23  Lithuania 3175
24  New Zealand 3284
25  Czech Republic 3337

Refugee's shouldn't enter Europe in the first place! Places like turkey are more than good enough for them until the conflict improves!

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

ArchangelMadzz said:
barneystinson69 said:

White guilt is everywhere. But American's shouldn't fear arabs as long as they aren't as stupid as the Europeans in terms of integrating them. The Europeans on the other hand; well god help them! What they've done is set about the distruction of their society by allowing muslims to split off and take over chunks of their societies. But I don't want to go off-topic, so that's for a different time.

As someone living in Europe there has been 0 difference in my day to day life so you may be exaggerating a bit there..

Oh I'm sure with what's going on right now it all must be false! We're liars; white man is racist and liars! There's no exaggeration, belgium is already partly under jihad control, and Britain is having problems as well.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

I'm NOT TELLING YOU TO LEAVE THIS SITE! I'm just saying that if you want to talk politics, go talk politics somewhere else. When you want to talk video games, come here. I'm not trying to drive users that have the intent to use this website correctly away. Just the ones that set out to turn this website into something it isn't. And please stop saying free speech. That's not what we're talking about here. Your argument doesn't even make sense for the reasons I laid out in my last post.

Then leave this site because you're not talking about video games and quite invested in this discussion, are you? If this is your standard, then I expect you to also adhere to it, too. Also, you're contradicting yourself when you say you're not telling people to leave VGC and on the very next sentence, you're telling them to leave if the discussions are related to politics.

In addition, this thread does not violate any forum rules. Why do you think there are the General Discussion and Political Discussion tags available when creating new threads? All you have accomplished is expressing the desire of imposing your will on other people, hence why free speech is being brought up. You're telling people what they should or should not talk about in a forum that you do NOT own nor are you a moderator.

Seriously, is it that hard to ignore this thread and move on?

What the fuck do you not understand. I'm not telling anyone to leave. I'm telling them to stay here and talk about video games and take their political discussions else where. I'm not telling them to leave. I'm telling them to keep with the theme of this website.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

What is the point of this thread? :O
OP says he and his people are being generalized and discriminated against, by generalizing americans and discriminating against them.

That's just.. weird.

LurkerJ said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

1.If you want to take literal sections of religious books and assume all adherents of a given faith accept those at face value, then, guess what, Christians, Muslims, and Jews are all capable of wicked and sinful acts. But the reality is not many people accept the literal word of the Torah, the Bible, and the Quran. They apply its central teachings to their everyday life, but they don't offen enslave or stone one another. 

2.Now, some cruel or ignorant people do commit horrible acts in the name of religion and god. We've seen ISIS rape, torture, and kill. But that, as Mo artfully said, is a perversion of Islam - at least according to hundreds of years of Islamic jurisprudence and the attitudes of the majority of modern Muslims.

I don't believe Christianity, Judaism nor Islam are moderate religions. I do, however, agree that most Chrsitians do not accept the literal word of the Bible. The number of Muslims who accept the literal word of the Quran far outstrips those accept the literal word of the Bible though.

I have always taken issues with people labeling themselves as "Muslims", "Christians" or "athiests" when they have not done enough reading and learning. In my opinion, If you call yourself a Muslim, and do not do what Allah is telling you to do in his "unaltered book", then you are either lazy or not a Muslim. I tried to give religions a chance and I was left with a sour taste in my mouth reading, what is supposed to be, Gods guideliness on earth (Quran, Bible, Torah).

If you are telling me that moderate Muslims don't accept the literal word of the Quran, then you are effectively agreeing with what I intially said. The people, who follow religions, make their religions seem moderate by largely ignoring what's mentioned in their holy books.

This is not an attack on Arabs, Christians nor Muslims. I am thankful that most Christians aren't really Christians, that's why they are moderate. Most moderate Muslims aren't really Muslims, that's why they are moderate.

Then that's a good thing. 

If scholars are finally putting (insert religion) as a peaceful one, then we should embrace it.

Why suddenly stop and say those who have a peaceful of Islam aren't Muslim?

if the interpretations of Quranic texts about war refer to times of desperation, then we won't have to worry about people running across a random street shooting non-muslims.

We have a great advantage that we can use to help remove the Muslims that are a negative addition to society

FragilE^ said:
What is the point of this thread? :O
OP says he and his people are being generalized and discriminated against, by generalizing americans and discriminating against them.

That's just.. weird.

Never said discriminated lmao

All I said was there is only that 1 prick or 2 I occassionally see who exchanges dirty looks when I speak a foreign language.

barneystinson69 said:
Mike_L said:

You're right. The huge amount of refugees make it impossible to offer an effective integration. That's not fair neither to the refugees nor to the European population but it's because we feel obligated to help refugees from a country we're bombing.

I live in Denmark. A country with a size of less than 43,000 km2. We receive 4 times as many refugees per capita than the US. It's not possible to avoid creating parallel societies in such a tiny country. The US in not completely innocent, you know. Bombing the hell out of Middle East knowing that most refugees will end up in Europe.

A solution could be to send a large number of international ground forces to e.g. Syria to be able to help the refugees in the local areas. In that way fewer innocent people would get killed and the population wouldn't have to become refugees and leave their country in the first place. After the threat e.g. ISIS has been neutralized Europe, US, etc. would help funding a rebuild of the areas.

That'll take a lot of money but ironically not much compared to what most European countries spend on ineffective integration (600,000 US$ in average per refugee in Sweden and Denmark).

No. Country Natives per refugee
1  Sweden 65
2  Norway 103
3   Switzerland 112
4  Austria 138
5  Netherlands 200
6  Canada 224
7  France 246
8  Denmark 310
9  Germany 328
10  Belgium 346
11  Luxembourg 414
12  Russia 449
13  Finland

14  United Kingdom 526
15  Italy 641
16  Bulgaria 667
17  Australia 685
18  Ireland 756
19  United States 1210
20  Hungary 2393
21  Poland 2420
22  Iceland 3070
23  Lithuania 3175
24  New Zealand 3284
25  Czech Republic 3337

Refugee's shouldn't enter Europe in the first place! Places like turkey are more than good enough for them until the conflict improves!

I agree with you that there would be a smaller culture clash as life in Turkey is a lot more familiar to refugees than the life in Western Europe. Turkey already does receive huge amounts of money from Europe so that they're able to help the largest amount of refugees. There are 2.6 million Syrian refugees alone in Turkey. The problem is they don't have the capacity to take in any more. If they do it'll result in inhumane refugee camps.