By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes vs Metal Gear Solid 3 (graphics)

TS had a far smaller budget than MGS3 did. I also recall MGS2 being used for some ground work for TS which again gives SE the advantage.

I myself haven't played both so I can't say directly but I would guess given the circumstances that SE would actually look better at times (jungle scenes for instance).

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Well playing MGS:TS it's very clean, it's something I like in the look of a game, I'm not a fanatic of graphics, but the progressive scan makes the game come off looking more clean then SE, what looks good is a matter of opinion, but hardware wise it's clear they're getting more out of the PS2 then GC but the GC MGS game does make use of the hardware advantages at times with real time lighting, wind physics (just love seeing that bandanna flailing around) then there's some shader work going on. I guess for what they had to work with the PS2 MGS3 came out very visually pleasing, but on GC while it was visually pleasing there could have been more. I'm still on the fence about it.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

What's there to really discuss? The Gamecube is more powerful but MGS3 was made at a later date by the original artists.

Played both. Twin Snakes on Cube edges it.

In my house, at this moment are Twin Snakes and MGS 3. Twin Snakes was actually a bit of a dissapointment, having slightly WORSE graphics than Sons of Liberty. MGS3 is much better. I love them all, but MGS3 takes the cake. Well worth buying a PS2 for. Just go one on one with The Fury, or the Boss and tell me otherwise.

Around the Network

MGS3 looks WAY better than TS. It's not even close...the environments in MGS3 are really great, they're rather bland in TS

It's just something I like better about being in the buildings over the jungle I guess is why I put them about even.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

d21lewis said:
In my house, at this moment are Twin Snakes and MGS 3. Twin Snakes was actually a bit of a dissapointment, having slightly WORSE graphics than Sons of Liberty. MGS3 is much better. I love them all, but MGS3 takes the cake. Well worth buying a PS2 for. Just go one on one with The Fury, or the Boss and tell me otherwise.

I'm sure once I get it I'll love it, I had just never played a MGS game, and got Twin Snakes and love it.  I'm just not 100% on the whole jungle thing, I think it's something every MGS fan thought when looking at MGS3 but probably got put to rest once they played the game.  I'm going to get MGS2 and MGS3 once I get the money I'm kinda spent right now, maybe the next time I get my pay check.

You can probably get both MGS2 and MGS3 for under $20. Make sure you get Substance and Subsistence versions. Man, I envy you! I remember my first times......

Your next few weeks are going to be full of awesome. Don't let part 2's wonky story put you off. MGS3 puts things right back on track!

I kinda felt that way, see I came into PS1 days late in its life so I never got MGS1, then I got a PS2 and MGS2:S came out and I saw a naked man doing cartwheels and I just went >_> pass... then there was MGS3 and I didn't know what to make of it but by that time I had played other sneaking games like Splinter Cell and was not a fan, but now that I got MGS:TS I know the gameplay is MUCH better and the story is great, then on top of it all the action is the best.