By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Whites can't be discriminated against?

Do you agree?

Yep 34 11.89%

Yes and no 20 6.99%

No 199 69.58%

Make America Dank Again 33 11.54%

Total:286
SkepticallyMinded said:
Google was called out for lack of women, so they have been increasing that metric for quite some time now.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is bullshit that you have to cater towards certian color, gender or class over skill, but I was calling out his use of google on an example. Namely since if what he described, more blacks and hispanics would be hired. 

Around the Network

I'll just leave this:

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ultrashroomz said:

I'll just leave this:

Laughs 

Chokes and wheezes

Can't breathe

Dies

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Acevil said:
SkepticallyMinded said:
Google was called out for lack of women, so they have been increasing that metric for quite some time now.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is bullshit that you have to cater towards certian color, gender or class over skill, but I was calling out his use of google on an example. Namely since if what he described, more blacks and hispanics would be hired. 

It's stupid to cater towards colour. if you choose a black person over a more qualified white person, that doesn't make you racist.

Same with women. I don't want more women in a field just because they have a vagina. Are they qualified? Are they better than the rest of the applicants? 

If 90% of men are more qualified, I wouldn't care if 90% of a workforce is men. 

If 90% of women are more qualified, I wouldn't care if 90% of a workforce is women

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

teigaga said:

I think what you're referring to is the idea thar whites can't he victims of racism? The basis here is that racism is systematic racial discrimination and that's where the "ism" comes from. Generally speaking it's hard to Systematically discriminate against a majority population who are in power (in America) where white is the default and generally the preference. I think the closest thing would positive discrimination in employment, not sure how prevelant this is.

Very few people actually use the word racism as synonymous with sysematic racism though. You've just been listening to a lot of far-left wing people.

The idea that racist=discrimination+power comes out of sociology about 10 years back. They've been trying to get that forced into dictionaries and everywhere since then. Look at the battle over the wikipedia page for example.

To most people racism just means negative discrimination based on race. The problem is that "power" is inredible vague concept. You can be a wealthy white banker who has the power to discriminate in hiring people at your bank. You're then walking home and a group of black thugs jump you on a dark street. The "power" has suddenly switched. It doesn't have a constant meaning.

Around the Network

Huh about what game this thread is...?

Fear_Me_All said:

Huh, what rule requires threads in the General Section of the forums only be about games?

mornelithe said:
Fear_Me_All said:

Huh, what rule requires threads in the General Section of the forums only be about games?

Eh, I'd say this resembles the game "life". Not that good.

18 year tutorial

Awkward moments throughout

Horrible framerate when running

Worst characters to talk to

Too much water

7.8/10

hershel_layton said:
mornelithe said:

Eh, I'd say this resembles the game "life". Not that good.
18 year tutorial
Awkward moments throughout
Horrible framerate when running
Worst characters to talk to
Too much water
7.8/10

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Psychotic said:
Jesus, can we keep all this gender politics b******t out of VGChartz? Does it have to infect everything?

Looks like someone didn't read the OP.  Or the thread title.  Or is this just what you say in every thread you visit? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!