By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse coming to North America in Summer 2016

Volterra_90 said:
StarOcean said:

It is. And fixes issues fans had with the original IV. Plus its SMT so its friggin amazing by default v.v XD

What were the issues with IV? (Except for that... brutally difficult beginning :P). Yeah, it will be day one for me, that's for sure. But I don't know when it releases in Europe :(

I'm assuming they made the map useful in the game. God the map was useless in IV XD If they fixed that the game will already be 100xs better for me x.x Not sure what else was changed though o.o 

One of the hardships for you being European v.v Atlus seemingly hates you guys for some reason but hey at least most other Nintendo games land there first for you guys as of late x~x

Around the Network
StarOcean said:

I'm assuming they made the map useful in the game. God the map was useless in IV XD If they fixed that the game will already be 100xs better for me x.x Not sure what else was changed though o.o 

One of the hardships for you being European v.v Atlus seemingly hates you guys for some reason but hey at least most other Nintendo games land there first for you guys as of late x~x

Yeah, it was really useless now that I think about it XDD. If its quality level is near SMTIV level, I'll be really happy, I don't ask for something groundbreaking, just more awesomeness :P.

And, well, sometimes Europeans have lucky, sometimes Americans have lucky. That's the way it is. I'll wait, SMT:IV did release in Europe so I expect the same for Apocalypse. It's already translated, a digital release will do :(

Volterra_90 said:
StarOcean said:

Yeah, it was really useless now that I think about it XDD. If its quality level is near SMTIV level, I'll be really happy, I don't ask for something groundbreaking, just more awesomeness :P.

And, well, sometimes Europeans have lucky, sometimes Americans have lucky. That's the way it is. I'll wait, SMT:IV did release in Europe so I expect the same for Apocalypse. It's already translated, a digital release will do :(

Biggest sin that map committed was not having any proper labeling for areas... x.x god Id wander around forever looking for areas that were just poorly labeled XD

Yeah, well maybe theyll be nice and give out a physical this time! Have hope!

StarOcean said:

Biggest sin that map committed was not having any proper labeling for areas... x.x god Id wander around forever looking for areas that were just poorly labeled XD

I don't really have much hope. Atlus Europe doesn't even exist xDDDD. It sucks to be an Atlus fan and being European, but at least almost all their digital releases come eventually, so... Even if I can't have it physical, I can play it, so that's something. When there's no such a thing as region lock on Nintendo consoles, I'll think about importing it :P

Volterra_90 said:
StarOcean said:

I don't really have much hope. Atlus Europe doesn't even exist xDDDD. It sucks to be an Atlus fan and being European, but at least almost all their digital releases come eventually, so... Even if I can't have it physical, I can play it, so that's something. When there's no such a thing as region lock on Nintendo consoles, I'll think about importing it :P

You'll have to!

Could be worse, at least Atlus gives you guys the games! Could be a Dragon Quest fan like me and only get 1/5th of the games that come out since I'm American x.x Europeans have it worse, barely getting any o~o Overall if you love Japanese games, if you weren't born in Japan you weren't born in the right country v.v XD

Around the Network
StarOcean said:

You'll have to!

Could be worse, at least Atlus gives you guys the games! Could be a Dragon Quest fan like me and only get 1/5th of the games that come out since I'm American x.x Europeans have it worse, barely getting any o~o Overall if you love Japanese games, if you weren't born in Japan you weren't born in the right country v.v XD

Yeah. The only option is learn Japanese and buying a Japanese 3DS, so we could play all those meaty and awesome JRPGs. That's a hard task though, and I'm really lazy to do that.

Volterra_90 said:
StarOcean said:

You'll have to!

Yeah. The only option is learn Japanese and buying a Japanese 3DS, so we could play all those meaty and awesome JRPGs. That's a hard task though, and I'm really lazy to do that.

I've taken a few Japanese courses. It definitely isn't an easy task XD that shit is harrrrd o.o I just hope the next Nintendo handheld is region free and BC so I can play all the awesome 3DS games I didn't get from Japan/Europe

So it's a sequel? I may be picking it up then.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Soriku said:
Mar1217 said:
Never got to play a Shin Megami Tensei game before, but this one will definitely be mine !

This game starts off towards the end of the Neutral route of SMT IV. It might be smarter to play the original SMT IV first.

That actually explains a few things. Anyway, good thinking on the title change, Atlus.