By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software up!

taggies

Around the Network

I remember not too long ago that people thought Xb one would win March because of exclusive marketing for The Division. Doesn't seem likely.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

tagging

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

binary solo said:
I remember not too long ago that people thought Xb one would win March because of exclusive marketing for The Division. Doesn't seem likely.

Who said this?

Ryng_Tolu said:
binary solo said:

Who said this?

I've no idea. I don't memorise who says what or where. But I recall reading such speculation. Though perhaps I mis remember "would win" and maybe it was just "could win".

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Random_Matt said:

Going by odds and probability, not really.

Hearing about new numbers (hardware/software) won't be interesting? I don't follow.

Odds and probability are that we won't get any numbers of significance. 

Jimi Hendrix

Tagg

Im here.

tak13 said:

Sorry booty, but I totally disagree with what you have done, I mean trying to guess vgc tracking ( or at least with the logic, that you use !)
For instance, you have assumed 105k for ps4 in March last week (from 108k last week, why such a tiny drop?) , for vgc it could be 40k though... You can't be certain for what vgc would show! This will draw a wrong picture of how much vgc might  have undertracked or might have overtacked something.

I will take the fall for VGC.

binary solo said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Who said this?

I've no idea. I don't memorise who says what or where. But I recall reading such speculation. Though perhaps I mis remember "would win" and maybe it was just "could win".

I saw some people who discussed about the possible of MS winning March. I was one of those poeple who said was possible too (before the insane 100K gap in January NPD).

Though, very little part of those guys predicted an XB1 victory... personally i always beted on PS4.