By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software up!

Dr.Vita said:
This is a great number for Playstation 4!!!
Next month will be interesting to see how Dark Souls 3 performed. :)

Dark Souls 3 gonna sell freaking well. Even with insane digital sales i'm confident it will sell better than Dark Souls 2 first month.

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Dr.Vita said:
This is a great number for Playstation 4!!!
Next month will be interesting to see how Dark Souls 3 performed. :)

Dark Souls 3 gonna sell freaking well. Even with insane digital sales i'm confident it will sell better than Dark Souls 2 first month.

Would be awesome. 
I am playing Dark Souls 3 and I love it!!!

I just finished downloading R&C today and...HOOOOLY SHIT, them graphics tho.

Its literally like playing a Pixar movie, im not exagerating.

I first thought, hhmmm what a nice CGI cutscene, and then i realized it was entirely made with the real gameplay graphics.

Im really, really impresed.

Aquamarine said:

I do have permission to post this. My NPD friend is long gone, unfortunately. Scared away by the misguided NeoGAF moderation team who unfairly banned him (and still won't unban me). :(

I don't know if I can post anything else. I'll check and see what else is OK.

Hello Aqua. We miss you on GAF, I can't understand why the mods refuse to unban you.

I'm glad you can help us without get in trouble, it's really nice.

So this was the lowest March ever for the Wii U.

And the 360 in its 3Rd March so a good bit more than x1. I'd like to see a 360 vs x1 culminative launch aligned graph. Microsoft used to boast about how much better than 360 it was doing but the tables are turning now and it's losing its lead.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
So this was the lowest March ever for the Wii U.

And the 360 in its 3Rd March so a good bit more than x1. I'd like to see a 360 vs x1 culminative launch aligned graph. Microsoft used to boast about how much better than 360 it was doing but the tables are turning now and it's losing its lead.

IMO

The Xbox One wont touch the Xbox 360 Lifetime Sales, not even close.

Geez. How in the world was the Wii U down from February when there were no games that month? March at least had TP:HD and Pokken. I guess there really are no games left that would make people want to buy a Wii U outside of maybe the new Zelda.

SJReiter said:
Geez. How in the world was the Wii U down from February when there were no games that month? March at least had TP:HD and Pokken. I guess there really are no games left that would make people want to buy a Wii U outside of maybe the new Zelda.

Yeah I think it's just the small hardcore on the platform buying the games.  it's not enticing in many new buyers.  

tbone51 said:
No fe numbers. :(

Eh, it sold okay, I guess.

Below 135K (although not significantly) when you include the three SKUs (Birthright + Conquest + Special Edition) together.

A different picture than Chartz would have you believe (Chartz has it at 205,195 for March):

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/85716/fire-emblem-fates/USA/

But hey, at least it sold a good deal more than Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam which is more flatlining in its 3rd month, but I digress.

Although the biggest Chartz discrepancy this month is probably Division sales.

The Division sold only 1796K units this month in NPD even including all of those bundle sales, but Chartz has it at 2,904,587.

Great PS4 numbers, ok Xbone numbers. Rest are meh.