By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Verified NeoGAF member has posted a bunch of NX leaks. Now updated with gimmicks, Luigi's Mansion and other stuff

Sounds like a $350-$400 machine, I dunno.

Nintendo's kinda damned if they do, damned if they don't, a low power console is likely to be DOA, but a powerful console with a LCD screen controller is likely to be expensive.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:

its not stated but isnt it pretty obvious? how does Nintendo release a console thats a good deal more powerful than PS4 and includes an upgraded Gamepad without costing more?

$150 more, though? I don't think it's going to be that much more powerful, and I think they will be taking measures to decrease the price of the gamepad significantly.

spemanig said:
zorg1000 said:

its not stated but isnt it pretty obvious? how does Nintendo release a console thats a good deal more powerful than PS4 and includes an upgraded Gamepad without costing more?

$150 more, though? I don't think it's going to be that much more powerful, and I think they will be taking measures to decrease the price of the gamepad significantly.

$150 might be a bit much but $100 seems plausible, PS4/XB1 at $299 this Fall and NX at $399 with those specs & controller.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

If they're going at $399.99, they have to go all the way and match PS4K in specs IMO. GPU needs to be double the PS4.

Can't ask for a $100 more coming this late with a system the only a "little" better.

spemanig said:
I've been saying this for months, but again, don't be surprised if the NX has a different pricing model than you're used to on consoles. Like I've said, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo copied Apple and made the console payable with incremental payments. They can allow people to pay $200, and then do the rest in small increments each month. Heck. They can just let you pay like $20 a month for two years with no down payment.

Iwata mentioned something like this could happen. Don't expect price to be an issue with NX.

The thing with Smartphones being subsidized is that the monthly charge is just added to your already existing phone bill so its kinda covered up in a sense without people really putting too much thought into it.

For it to work with a gaming console, I feel like it would need to be hidden behind another type of service.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:

$150 might be a bit much but $100 seems plausible, PS4/XB1 at $299 this Fall and NX at $399 with those specs & controller.

I wouldn't be suprised if it was $400. The only thing that makes me doubt it is that Nintendo was very insistant on the Wii U being too expensive at $350.

There is more to this.

zorg1000 said:

The thing with Smartphones being subsidized is that the monthly charge is just added to your already existing phone bill so its kinda covered up in a sense without people really putting too much thought into it.

For it to work with a gaming console, I feel like it would need to be hidden behind another type of service.

You mean like a PS+ type thing? I really don't see something like that happening.

Or are you just saying that you don't see it being subsidized at all?

$400 is a lot, Nintendo should press AMD to give it to them for $350 and push on their LCD providers too.

spemanig said:
zorg1000 said:

You mean like a PS+ type thing? I really don't see something like that happening.

Or are you just saying that you don't see it being subsidized at all?

i dont see it happening at all and i dont see it working unless they give people the false sense that they arent paying as much as they really are.

I guess they could save money if they skimp on the HDD and pass that cost onto the user if they want it.

Cut out the disk drive too.