By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour:Metroid NX in 2016

LOL watch everyone hype this and doesnt come true. THEN EVERYONE WILL DISLIKE THIS YEARS E3 AGAIN.    

Around the Network

Exactly the kinda of rumor that excites me then I leave with disappointment.

Regardles this rumour, I expecting Metroid Prime trailer or at least concept art at E3 this year.

This will only be true if it's a 2D Metroid, a 3D Metroid won't come before 2018.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Metroid Amiibo:Federation Friends!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
This will only be true if it's a 2D Metroid, a 3D Metroid won't come before 2018.

If Nintendo didnt had Metroid Prime project for Wii U that is moved to NX.

Miyamotoo said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Didn't they say not long ago that they dindn't have any Metroid game in developement? If they started the game after that, it still would take one-two more years to complete, specially if it's an HD Metroid that uses the full power of the NX.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Although Nintendo did release Metroid Prime 3 around the Wii launch.

I don't think 2016 is likely though, Zelda and some other high profile Wii Sports/Splatoon type game will carry launch with some other novel NX titles. Maybe spring 2017 at the earliest. Metroid is not really a starter game, it's more like a booster pack that fills a gap between Nintendo's major traditional titles.

If Nintendo is looking to replicate Wii success.

launch = Zelda and big ticket new franchise.

Winter = Follow up traditional title that links into their strategy: some sort of Pokemon spinoff/Wario Ware

Spring = Follow up traditional console piece: Metroid/Kirby/Lylatt Wars

Summer = Large target fanbase (niche) title: Fire Emblem/Pikmin/Paper Mario

Fall = Big ticket = Super Mario Galaxy 3/Pokemon NX/Properly done Donkey Kong game.

Then year 2 they hit with their heaviest hitting spinoffs: Mario Kart & Smash Bros.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Darwinianevolution said:
Miyamotoo said:

Didn't they say not long ago that they dindn't have any Metroid game in developement? If they started the game after that, it still would take one-two more years to complete, specially if it's an HD Metroid that uses the full power of the NX.

Yes they are, but I wouldn't expecting from them to say back than: "we are working on Metroid Prime but its for NX". :)

Some hints about Metroid Prime:

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-is-planning-a-future-for-both-2d-and-3d-metroi-1590142491

http://kotaku.com/shigeru-miyamoto-we-have-an-answer-to-your-question-1597993025

I expecting to Metroid Prime trailer or at least concept at E3, and launch probably in 2017.

My Nintendo reports every rumour under the sun....

The source is not reputable.