By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour:Metroid NX in 2016

AEGRO said:
What is Retro Studios working on right now?

Nobady know, we had earlier unrealible rumour saying they are involed in Diddy Kong Racing 2 devolpment.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
AEGRO said:
What is Retro Studios working on right now?

Nobady know, we had earlier unrealible rumour saying they are involed in Diddy Kong Racing 2 devolpment.

If DKR2 were being made then Monster Games should be doing it since it's a racing game and racing games and Monster Games go togehter like indie hipster game developers and walking simulators.

wombat123 said:
Miyamotoo said:

If DKR2 were being made then Monster Games should be doing it since it's a racing game and racing games and Monster Games go togehter like indie hipster game developers and walking simulators.

Yes, rumour suggested that Monster Games and Retro working together on game.

They left out the rest of the rumor.

My sources tell me that it supposedly centers around "running a pet shop in space". The grooming simulator, especially, seems to be very robust.

You know what's odd to me? Nintendo obviously wanting to attract more core gamers with the Wii U but not having a proper Metroid in the early going.

Can we chose a male character then? He can wear the same suit as Samus but he will never take off the helmet;)

Around the Network
pokoko said:
They left out the rest of the rumor.

My sources tell me that it supposedly centers around "running a pet shop in space". The grooming simulator, especially, seems to be very robust.

You know what's odd to me? Nintendo obviously wanting to attract more core gamers with the Wii U but not having a proper Metroid in the early going.

You may laugh, but I wouldn't mind a Pokemon-Amie like feature with cute metroids. Would a game like that be better received that Federation Force?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

You have to wonder what Retro have been working on. I mean to say that although DK Tropical Freeze was a great title I can't believe that was all they were working on. If you remember correctly the original Metroid Prime was intended to be a N64 game and was then developed for GameCube due to the N64 being at the end of its' lifespan and the extra power the GC had. What's to say the same isn't happening here? Maybe the Wii U was getting a Metroid but the fact the console has tanked has led it being developed for the NX.
After the ABYSMAL E3 that Nintendo had last year they had better have some wow factor this year or they will be pushing shit up a hill trying to compete with NX.

Darwinianevolution said:

You may laugh, but I wouldn't mind a Pokemon-Amie like feature with cute metroids. Would a game like that be better received that Federation Force?

Well, I just had to google that and it seems like the concept is real.

I'd play it.