By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - People need to stop hyping the NX, it will lead to disappointment.

I am a ...

Nintendo fan and will buy, no matter what. 148 49.66%

Nintendo fan and won't buy, I'm done. 41 13.76%

Nintendo fan, will only b... 28 9.40%

Outsider, Will buy no matter what. 19 6.38%

Outsider, will only buy i... 49 16.44%

Outsider, will only buy i... 13 4.36%

Total:298

Well I can't help but look back at some of the hype around the Wii U that was misplaced

As far as the games go, I'd be excited for the NX because it will certaily have fun Nintendo games and presumably the graphics will catch up to where Sony/MS were three years ago. So it'll be a nice upgrade.

Nintendo's strength is as a software maker though, that's what makes them special, their hardware over the last 20 years by and large hasn't been all that great (underspeced or overpriced or both or bizarre hardware choices that alienated large parts of the market ahoy). 

As with anything in life if you keep your expectations low there's a better chance they'll be met, if you have sky high expectations, there's a good chance of dissapointment. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Well I can't help but look back at some of the hype around the Wii U that was misplaced

As far as the games go, I'd be excited for the NX because it will certaily have fun Nintendo games and presumably the graphics will catch up to where Sony/MS were three years ago. So it'll be a nice upgrade.

Nintendo's strength is as a software maker though, that's what makes them special, their hardware over the last 20 years by and large hasn't been all that great (underspeced or overpriced or both or bizarre hardware choices that alienated large parts of the market ahoy). 

As with anything in life if you keep your expectations low there's a better chance they'll be met, if you have sky high expectations, there's a good chance of dissapointment. 

Is that GIF about Wii U ? XD

Luke888 said:
Soundwave said:

It was about the Wii U around the time it was unveiled, lol. 

"People should stop talking about the NX because we know nothing about it."
"NX is going to be a failure."

... ok then...

What delayed announcement of the NX are you talking about?

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Luke888 said:

It was about the Wii U around the time it was unveiled, lol. 

Is it just me or the fact that 4 years after most of those games are still not released is kinda bothering ?

You make a good point, but Ninty can use this attention. Kinda puts them back in the spotlight after a period when many considered them irrelevant anymore.

A double edged sword I guess...

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

The same could also be said for VR, E3, games that have spent a decade in the making.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Well Nintendo Fans are just excited to move on from the WiiU, i mean cmon the thing hasn't even outsold the vita. I know if the ps4 had sold this bad id be wanting a new console aswell.

Well it all depends on Nintendo. The hype could be real just imagine a launch window with Zelda NX (Zelda U for NX), Mario Galaxy NX and Animal Crossing NX. If the NX can merge the handheld and consoles in one device from Nintendo, I would be interested.