By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Uncharted 4 the first game that looks better than real life?

It surely looks fantastic and the art style is gorgeous.....but for me, no videogame will ever beat real life beauty and colors  :)

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
Geez man.. You guys are really hard on the OP.. Maybe he lives in a real shitty place like Detroit.. Yes Uncharted looks better then Detroit

Oh man, I wish I lived near the places where the photos I posted were taken.  Sadly, that isn't remotely the case.  One's in Iceland, another in Chile and the 3rd was Mauritius Island.  There's some insane beauty here in Vermont, don't get me wrong, but those pics were special.

Close enough, anyway. Once we get to the point where games look photo realistic, then yes, we can manipulate the environments into looking better than anything we could hope to see in real-life. I would say that Uncharted 4 looks better than a lot of the stuff you could find just by typing anything up on Google Images, but there's a lot more to real-life than what's documented anywhere.

bet: lost

This thread reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT7hcWFu7q4

OT: Nah man, just take a look at the other pics people posted in this thread of real life .

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

barneystinson69 said:

No, it doesn't. It looks great, but CGI is still far better than this. For what the hardware can produce, its impressive. But no, not even close.

I'd go with this along with the colour working in their favour suggestion, we've still got a ways to go before reaching a close proximation to what could mimic real life visuals (real life for example has no jaggies and textures don't change the way they would in a video game for example), also we still have other titles yet to come out that also try to aim for realisitic visuals with their different art atyles and colour usage. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Not really. While Uncharted 4 is looking phenomenal, it's very far from reaching that point.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Turkish said:
BraLoD said:

In my understanding, he is nothing going solely for visual fidelity, but visual pleasure.
He stated he is not talking about so hyper realistic that it looks better than the real deal, which people are taking mostly even as he said that wasn't the point.

So IMO, he is talking about that looking for some of those places, that simulate real envyronments, is getting better than looking for some real life envyronments, that is getting more pleasant to look at a river turning at a waterfall in Uncharted 4 than it does in real life (for example), not because it looks more realistic, but because it just looks better.

That's what I took from what he said in the OP, I might be wrong, but if that's the case, I agree, there are definitely some envyronments that looks better than real life on Uncharted 4, and as it's not a fantasy approach, as they are based on real life themselves, I find that really cool.

Yep thats what I meant, kinda hard to get the point across but thanks for understanding.

Yeah... the only thing i can classify as better than real life... can't be really stated with complete assurance. But i would consider alien landscapes that we don't have on earth.

Portrayals of earth like landscapes, i don't think will ever compare to the real thing.

Is this a fanboy thread?

YES IT IS!

Moderated - VXIII

YES!

The Game of the Year 2016 is coming and the graphic is so amazing.

BraLoD said:
Uabit said:
Is this a fanboy thread?

YES IT IS!

Ban Land awaits!

But before that lets pretend as if crysis never existed so this thread makes sense ^_^