By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction, and Jak 4

entire

Around the Network

thread.

alex, you're forcing your opinions on others.

You say a game that gets lower than 80%, it's only decent. Well that's your opinion, and you can't hail it as fact, I'm sorry.

And there's no need to make so many posts...if you want to say something within a minute after the last post, you can just edit it in, or just think ahead of time and write a bigger post.

And you have no basis for saying Sony might sell Ratchet and Clank...that's also just a personal prediction, but it's alright if you feel like explaining why that could happen.  The problem is, you explained yourself by giving your personal opinions on all the Crash and Spyro games..."Crash bad" or "Spyro good" is not going to convince anybody.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Well I personally consider a game that got reviews of around 70% to be descent. But is it a coincidence that games are are truely considered descent by many people got reviews of around 70% such as Sonic Heroes, and Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex?

I don't fucking believe this shit. Yes, Ratchet 5(Ratchet & Clank: Future Tools Of Destruction) is being developed by Insomniac Games. This has been known since last year. Jak 4 will be developed by Naughty Dog since the franchise is owned by Sony and Naughty Dog is also owned by Sony. Anyway, I think this thread has gone on long enough and should be locked.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

Around the Network

Everyone is taking this thread way too seriously.

dude, stop being an idiot. Those gameranking scores show that every Sony published (which would be the ones developed by Naughty Dog and Insomniac) were great games. The last crash Naughty Dog developed was the best. In fact, every crash they made was better than the last (1 to 2 to 3).

There is no reason to doubt Jak will be good. There is no reason to doubt Uncharted will be good. Most journalists picked it as "best in show" at Sony's show.

Every Spyro that Insomniac developed received 85% or above. Lastly, NO RACHET GAME HAS SUCKED. Look at the freakin scores! Every Insomniac game was over 80%! (If you can't figure this out from the chart, Naughty Dog and Insomniac are the SCEA published ones).

No one is saying anything bad about Rachet or Uncharted. Why do you question developers who have yet to develop a bad game in over 10 years? There is no evidence whatsoever that either developer is going to sell off Rachet, Jak, or the great new IP Uncharted. You argued that we should be worried about these next games, then you try to change it to they might sell the franchises. Well, you are wrong on both counts.

And please, edit your posts instead of posting 10 times. It won't look as bad for you either.

EDIT!!!!:  "And what other thread did I make that is similar to this one?"  I'm not going to find the thread but I know for a fact I already posted those Jak scores once, if not the Spyro scores as well.

Just forget this entire thread.

I think both Ratchet and Jak are better series than both Crash and Spyro. I really think you're overestimating the importance of both those older franchises. In my opinion Ratchet is the only patformer out there now worth a damn outside of Mario so I hold it in very high regards. Insomniac won't sell off Ratchet, I think it's as part of the PS family as God of War is if not more. As for Naughty Dog moving away from Jak to do Uncharted, I like the move a lot because Uncharted is looking amazing, of course I won't know for sure till I actually play it when it comes out later this year. Ready at Dawn which worked on the Daxter game and now is working on the God of War PSP game are just handling hand held versions of the games not taking the franchises.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Yeah, but I personally loved the Crash games the best. Spyro, Ratchet, and Jak follow closely behind.