By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OCD Habits While Gaming?

I know not everyone here has OCD like I do (I have it only very mildly) but when it comes to gaming certain things really make me go "Oh god, I have to do that" or else... I have no idea.

For me, in games that have droppable items like Xenoblade or Zelda I always get the item even if I don't need it. Let's say I'm playing Zelda and I have full hearts or my wallet is maxed out but then I attack an enemy that drops a rupee or a heart -I'll take it even if it won't add to my already out maxed out health or money. 

What about you guys? Or am I just weird? XD

Around the Network

On shooters, I always have the need to be constantly reloading whenever there's a small window of safeness. Even if I just shot one bullet, I hit reload and let it flow. I remember there was a game that heavily punished that by removing the whole magazine bullet count instead of individual bullets. Ugh, hard times.

On RPGs, I always have the feel that my party isn't fully restored unless I sleep in an inn, or somewhere else. Just using potions to maximize my HP doesn't cut it, for some reason.

I dont have OCD but when i see something drop that i dont need i always take it anyways.

You are weird XD

I dont have OCD, but I do have a few habits that I developed through the years.One of them is washing hands almost always before playing.I hate when the controler is dirty or feels sticky, so I always wash my hand to prevent that.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I need to fill in every inch of the map...even if I can see there is nothing there...even if I have played the game before and I KNOW there us nothing there...if I can go there, I will just to make sure there is not hidden stuff I may have missed.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

On RPGs I feel like I have to do every single side quest I can before doing anything related with the main story. I also talk to every NPC I can to make sure I don't miss anything.

This is more especific, but in the Metroid Prime games I scan everything I can.

Nautilus said:

You are weird XD

I dont have OCD, but I do have a few habits that I developed through the years.One of them is washing hands almost always before playing.I hate when the controler is dirty or feels sticky, so I always wash my hand to prevent that.

I KNEW I WAS NOT ALONE IN THIS.  My friends and even my wife all think i am crazy lol.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
Nautilus said:

You are weird XD

I KNEW I WAS NOT ALONE IN THIS.  My friends and even my wife all think i am crazy lol.

It sucks doest it?!?!?And I have a brother that also plays with my Wii U and PS4 that dont wash its hands and when I play after he used it... ugh.Every time that happens I go to the bathroom to take the towel to clean the controler.You are not alone!This is a habit of the winners!!!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Shiken said:

It sucks doest it?!?!?And I have a brother that also plays with my Wii U and PS4 that dont wash its hands and when I play after he used it... ugh.Every time that happens I go to the bathroom to take the towel to clean the controler.You are not alone!This is a habit of the winners!!!

Sticky mouse, keyboard or controller drives me nuts.

If you eat like chips or pizza, and have greasy fingers and then use the keyboard mouse or controller... just no!

You go wash hands before you touch anything.

Also if someone else uses my stuff.... and I notice they got my stuff greasy or sticky...  ; _ ;

I legit think I have some form of ocd.

Nautilus said:
Shiken said:

Oi, I feel you two. I once let my sisters play on my N64 without washing their hands. Didn't think about it but later on they had a lot of soda and now the buttons are permanently shitty. They have a bit of a stick to them when you press them which can cause delay x~x