By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers Rumour: There's a lot of Wii U ports coming to NX

Luke888 said:
DélioPT said:

I'm not sure but i think that Mario 3D World didn't sell aswell as Sunshine. Smaller userbase didn't help!
Still i think that if you improve the visuals and add online multilplayer you've got a good reason to port the game. I believe the game, with due improvements, can sell even more.

3DW sold more than 4M at retail, adding the digital sales I think it made a really good revenue...

Hiku said:
Zelda and Smash seem like a given, but I wonder what the other two are. My guess would be Mario Maker and Splatoon.
My hope would be Xenoblade Chronicles X.

X isn't that far-fetched, the game was downgraded to run properly on Wii U meaning that if NX has more horsepower (which it has to) it might both look and run better...

I just think that the game has enought potential to be better and to sell more.
And it's a Mario game at launch, too!

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
I want to be honest, this is a bad move from Nintendo to all the people who bought a Wii U day one.
I really feel sorry for them, they bought a Wii U to play all the Nintendo games but the support dropped really fast from Nintendo. And now after only 3 years there will be a new Nintendo console which will get most of the Wii U games ported. :/

Please Tell me how it feels to be a Vita owner? 

And thankyou for the other people who quoted you. Saved me time in writing my response. It also doesn't help that people here know you have a "reputation". 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Kuksenkov said:
That sucks. I know they have to get the $$$ they spent on games back... But its such a low blow for those who purchased the original games. Others do it all the time, and I don't think its right unless the games are old with tons of new content.

At least others usually charge 30-40 for bonus editions most of the time. Knowing Nintendo, they'll charge $60 for prettier versions with not much improvements.

how is it a low blow to current Wii U owners? I just dont understand how a 1-2 year old game getting ported somehow affects the people who played the original version.

does NX getting a port of Smash somehow make my Wii U copy less fun? the way i see it, it just allows potential NX owners who didnt have a Wii U to play these games.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

DélioPT said:
Luke888 said:

3DW sold more than 4M at retail, adding the digital sales I think it made a really good revenue...

X isn't that far-fetched, the game was downgraded to run properly on Wii U meaning that if NX has more horsepower (which it has to) it might both look and run better...

I just think that the game has enought potential to be better and to sell more.
And it's a Mario game at launch, too!

So what ? don't you think Nintendo will have a Mario game ready for launch ? there's no need to port SM3DW, if anything I'd say that it'd be better to port Galaxy/Sunshine but it still doesn't make  sense because there will be a Mario game at launch (and, since SMM launched last year, it's 99% likely to be 3D...)

Teeqoz said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
If its true, I hope no one treats it as a negative towards Nintendo since every one and their mamas(third party,sony,microsoft) have been doing this exact same thing

It will be interesting to see what games the decide are ''worthy'' of a port

i cant see myself buying any of them

On the other hand, everyone and their mothers were treating it as a negative towards all the other publisher that did so.

Not really. I've seen it praised by fans galore,sony fans,microsoft fans praising it for third party as well

but at the same time, im gonna play devils advocate, while you have sony and microsoft fans defending tons of ports to ps4/xb1(while they made fun of Wii U for getting the same ports early on), the Nintendo fans will now be geting the same thing sony/microsoft fans have been getting on ps4/xb1, if this rumor is true, a ton of ''last gen'' ports of the previous console

it will be interesting to see all the nintendo fans that were avidly against ports that xb1/ps4 got, now turn face and accept the ports on NX if its true

intereresting times await lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

I don't feel too good about this. I mean, I'm already not too happy about Zelda U coming to NX as well (WiiU will be the first Nintendo console not to have its own Zelda...). I mean I guess I could understand them porting W101 but not much else.

PwerlvlAmy said:

it will be interesting to see all the nintendo fans that were avidly against ports that xb1/ps4 got, now turn face and accept the ports on NX if its true

Just like the ones who complained about Disc-locked/Day one DLC and then defended Amiibo and Mario Golf 3DS? lol.

PwerlvlAmy said:

Not really. I've seen it praised by fans galore,sony fans,microsoft fans praising it for third party as well

but at the same time, im gonna play devils advocate, while you have sony and microsoft fans defending tons of ports to ps4/xb1(while they made fun of Wii U for getting the same ports early on), the Nintendo fans will now be geting the same thing sony/microsoft fans have been getting on ps4/xb1, if this rumor is true, a ton of ''last gen'' ports of the previous console

intereresting times await lol

True. Things will turn wild lol. In the end, all the fandoms will have to accept that this is something common right now and move with it. I learned to accept that. Also, I don't think it's a bad way to fill the draughts in a console, as long as they don't really focus on that and keep their efforts on the new NX games. Obviously they'll do that, but you never know with Nintendo XD.

Volterra_90 said:

True. Things will turn wild lol. In the end, all the fandoms will have to accept that this is something common right now and move with it. I learned to accept that. Also, I don't think it's a bad way to fill the draughts in a console, as long as they don't really focus on that and keep their efforts on the new NX games. Obviously they'll do that, but you never know with Nintendo XD.

Yup pretty much. Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo fans will have to learn to deal with it and learn that defending a piece of plastic to the extent they're all doing is silly

if you want a port of a last gen game,whether you  want it for new graphics/features or just because you havent played it, get it lol

me personally, im not a huge fan of the recent remasters since most of them released are less than 3 years old and thats personally useless to me

if anything id love to see more remasters of games 10+ years and older

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:

Yup pretty much. Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo fans will have to learn to deal with it and learn that defending a piece of plastic to the extent they're all doing is silly

if you want a port of a last gen game,whether you  want it for new graphics/features or just because you havent played it, get it lol

me personally, im not a huge fan of the recent remasters since most of them released are less than 3 years old and thats personally useless to me

if anything id love to see more remasters of games 10+ years and older

I agree, I'd like to see more remasters of the N64/GC era, but that'll be way more time consuming to adapt those games to the modern consoles, so I get that with time that would be less possible... In the end, if Splatoon is ported to the NX, it would attract those people who hear about the game but didn't jump to the WiiU bandwagon. It's logical that some WiiU games will receive remasters, since there's not a lot of WiiU's owners...