By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Women are not fit for front line combat!

Tagged games:

Why can't women be on the front line?

They're physically not fit. 62 32.29%

They can do it if trained properly. 102 53.13%

That's not women's duty. 12 6.25%

I'm weak so I can't fat... 16 8.33%

Total:192

All the fit ones are Sniper's.

Around the Network

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 27 July 2018

OttoniBastos said:

Ok i didn't want to necrobump this thread but for those thinking that political pressure wouldn't lower the standards to get in the army:

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/story/military/2016/04/18/marines-new-fitness-plan-pullups-women-wont-mandatory/82793128/

Basically women were mostly failing at passing through upperbody tests(specially the pullups) and thus they lower the standards to maximize the number of girls in the army and avoid bad PR.

Gallant offered encouragement for women who have never trained their body to do a pullup. She pointed to “zero to 20-plus,” a pullup program created by Maj. Misty Posey that was posted on the Marine Corps’ official website in February. The 55-year-old colonel went from zero to 17 pullups in less than one year, and is still going strong.

“It is very doable for women to do pullups,” Gallant said. “Most women can get their first pullup after about two weeks of being on the program. I worked on them for about half an hour in the morning and about 10 to 15 minutes in the evening. Once I got my first one, they came pretty quick after that. Once they get up to 10, it's a piece of cake to maintain it.”

I guess you forgot to read the part above. If trained, they can do it, even after 50+ years old.

OttoniBastos said:

It doesn't change the fact that they are lowering the standards and trying to compensate the fact that,with the same standards,way less women would pass the test.If this was a desk job,i wouldn't mind this kind of affirmative actions,but we are talking about a job where minimize deaths and maximize mission sucess is crucial and not negotiable.With the same standards most women wouldn't be able to be part of this missions,but now thanks to this we can have a less optimal team on the field because "welp at least is a diverse team".

In other words, equality of results instead of equality of standards is a big no-no.

Around the Network

If you were going into battle and had a choice between having Ronda Rousey watch your back or Justin Bieber who would you pick?

Make decisions on a case by case basis.

d21lewis said:
It's not even about gender. Some things are just fact. Women are weaker.

I'm black. If somebody said "White people are better at blending in with a white background", I wouldn't say " Hey, I can do anything they can! " I'd say , "no shit. They're naturally lighter than I am."

Everybody thinks they can do everything but they're wrong. That's why women aren't in the NFL.

ROFL your example, but agree totally.

I am of the mind that war definitely is a man's domain. Frontline should be men - never women, children, or elderly. However, seeing as everyone wants to be treated the same and have the same exact opportunities(? not the right word I'm looking for, I think) because heaven forbid some people are good at/built for/have a  mind for/emotional makeup/ etc. that others aren't, the standards should never be lowered and everyone must meet or exceed the same criteria.

OttoniBastos said:
Goatseye said:

Gallant offered encouragement for women who have never trained their body to do a pullup. She pointed to “zero to 20-plus,” a pullup program created by Maj. Misty Posey that was posted on the Marine Corps’ official website in February. The 55-year-old colonel went from zero to 17 pullups in less than one year, and is still going strong.

“It is very doable for women to do pullups,” Gallant said. “Most women can get their first pullup after about two weeks of being on the program. I worked on them for about half an hour in the morning and about 10 to 15 minutes in the evening. Once I got my first one, they came pretty quick after that. Once they get up to 10, it's a piece of cake to maintain it.”

I guess you forgot to read the part above. If trained, they can do it, even after 50+ years old.

It doesn't change the fact that they are lowering the standards and trying to compensate the fact that,with the same standards,way less women would pass the test.If this was a desk job,i wouldn't mind this kind of affirmative actions,but we are talking about a job where minimize deaths and maximize mission sucess is crucial and not negotiable.With the same standards most women wouldn't be able to be part of this missions,but now thanks to this we can have a less optimal team on the field because "welp at least is a diverse team".

And most men are starting with a much better baseline than most woman. Apply the same training to a man, and he's still going to be much further ahead. In any physical test.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

OttoniBastos said:
JWeinCom said:
If you were going into battle and had a choice between having Ronda Rousey watch your back or Justin Bieber who would you pick?

Make decisions on a case by case basis.

Thing is,Bieber wouldn't pass in test ,thus, we don't need to choose him in the first place.

The point is,most women are not Ronda and even she admitted that she would be able to beat a trained guy with the same weight as her.

Plus, lowering the standards means that women way below "Ronda" will get into the military just because the army wants to increase political statistics.

I must have missed the part where I suggested lowering standards.