By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Fox Zero previewers have been negative on the controls

Well Nintendolife said they were really good and that the only issues they had were the looking down and up from the GamePad to the TV but basically said its like driving a car, you're be glancing down every so often like you are driving a car, looking through the mirrors.

I seriously don't see why people have to say all the previews are horrible,
Nintendolife also said it only took about 45 minutes to get used to the controls and even then that's reaching it a bit.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

Being a new control scheme, it will certainly be hit and miss for people (in a similar way of TW101). It will require work, and I'm up to the task. As IGN said, once I master the controls, I'll be a better pilot.

I do wish motion controls were optional like with Splatoon though :-/

It's too bad they aren't optional. I'll still get the game though.

I'll probably get used to the motion controls very fast, but I certainly can't say that I'm looking forward to them either.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Motion controls should be optional but since they are mandatory only thing players can do is get use to them.

Well you better get good and get used to those controls. On the other hand IGN was positive about the controls in the end.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I don't know, I've read the previews and some of them said it's hard to adjust, but could be get on about 1/2 hours, some of them don't know how to feel about it, but I didn't read something particulary negative. I mean, the extracts you made of the reviews don't grasp the full picture, I'm sorry :P. Gamexplain said they work awesome in some levels, but he isn't sure how he feels about it. IGN said that it takes about 2 hours to grasp them...

I dont see anything "very negative on the controls" in those previews.

Blame Miyamoto's ego if this game sucks as this game from the get go was very clearly a "I'm going to prove Wii U controller is great for gameplay!" vanity project rather than being something designed from the ground up to be the best pure Star Fox game possible.