By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ratchet & Clank review and metacritic thread: 86 currently

Mr Puggsly said:
Nice scores, maybe they will redo the trilogy with this response.

I think I'm going to pick it up tomorrow.

Scores are great but sales will decide that.  Hopefully it can do enough to warrant another ratchet at least. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Nice scores, maybe they will redo the trilogy with this response.

I think I'm going to pick it up tomorrow.

Scores are great but sales will decide that.  Hopefully it can do enough to warrant another ratchet at least. 

Indeed, but I'm feeling optimistic on the potential sales of this one in the long run.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:

Indeed, but I'm feeling optimistic on the potential sales of this one in the long run.

Only thing is the title is $40 so that means it needs to sell more than it usually would right?  Maybe the budget was cheaper than you'd expect because they didn't have to dedicate any time to creating the story etc and could just get straight into developing the game. 

Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Only thing is the title is $40 so that means it needs to sell more than it usually would right?  Maybe the budget was cheaper than you'd expect because they didn't have to dedicate any time to creating the story etc and could just get straight into developing the game. 

I imagine price and budget was taken into consideration. It certainly doesn't have the visual polish of some $60 games. Maybe they used assets from the movie as well? Not sure.

I think its safe to assume remaking a game is cheaper since they already have the foundation.

If you see this video the levels look familiar but the action and enemies had a significant overhaul. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abSN25NJa-I

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

AEGRO said:
So the game would be a 90+ for last gen, you know...with the reviewers being harsher this gen and all.

Well for me this feel like a 90 anyway.  It scored better than I expected.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
Uggghhhhhh Hurry up May 10th I need my PS4! This along with so many other games I need to play on PS4 ASAP! I have a lot of catching up to do!

Brah, this is out tomorrow!

Only In the US

resr of us peasants have to wait

Doing better than i thought, it'll be the best Ratchet and Clank in years!

Roronaa_chan said:
Normchacho said:

Brah, this is out tomorrow!

Only In the US

resr of us peasants have to wait

I'm in the EU but I pre ordered it on the USA store.  

Works out as €35 for me.  Absolute bargain! 

A M A Z I N G!!! Old school with current gen tech!! Congrtz Insomniac best game you have create!!

In Sony We Trust!

Ratchet and Clank at Numero Uno in Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Ratchet-Clank-PlayStation-4/dp/B00Z9LUDX4/ref=zg_bs_videogames_1

Best selling game yessss