By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Quantum Break on PC has serious issues

I looked at the stream and the guy was playing fine and having fun. That was my gauge.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
I looked at the stream and the guy was playing fine and having fun. That was my gauge.

http://www.pcgamer.com/quantum-break-port-impressions/

"Remedy’s new shooter, Quantum Break, is out today. We don’t have a review for you, because we only received code a few hours before release. Rarely a good sign. My suspicions were confirmed this morning when I launched the game and it was running at 10-20 frames per second, even on low settings."

Thats on a "GTX 970, an i7-5820K CPU clocked at 3.30GHz, 16GB of RAM" machine.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Sucks about the issues, unfortunately that's a common thing with PC releases.

Though, having to alt+tab to close isn't really an issue. Very nitpicky.

Also, has antbody confirmed if alt+F4 works?

MS probably should have delayed it a few months for optimization. But oh well, another game in a long list of bad PC ports.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

You would think a tech source such Wccftech  would know UWP games don't support Gsync as of yet.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

JRPGfan said:
Goatseye said:

"Remedy’s new shooter, Quantum Break, is out today. We don’t have a review for you, because we only received code a few hours before release. Rarely a good sign. My suspicions were confirmed this morning when I launched the game and it was running at 10-20 frames per second, even on low settings."

I watched the PC streams this morning and none of them ever dipped to 10-20 frames p/s. 

I think I know what 10-20 p/s looks like and definitely multiple streams didn't have this issue.

I'll leave it at that cause those are the facts I've seen, you can even go on Twitch and check past/live streams to certify.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
JRPGfan said:

I watched the PC streams this morning and none of them ever dipped to 10-20 frames p/s. 

I think I know what 10-20 p/s looks like and definitely multiple streams didn't have this issue.

I'll leave it at that cause those are the facts I've seen, you can even go on Twitch and check past/live streams to certify.

Ive watched streams too.

Most of the pc ones (only looked at like 4-5?) either run really low settings, but smooth,

or higher settings but have sutter / fps issues.

Most of them have insane PCs, that are highly overclocked.

watch this video:  PC vs XB1:

Look at the PCs frame times, it stutters and even has the occasional lag.

6700K OC'ed +  GTX 980 Ti Super Jetstream 6GB

BasilZero said:
I'm starting to have a feeling that all these Xbox 1 ports are just rush jobs or poorly ported on purpose xD.

Clearly rush jobs given they dont help the Windows Store.

But nobody seems to mention the Gears port was improved quickly and KI is fine for the most part.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

JRPGfan said:
Goatseye said:

Ive watched streams too.

Most of the pc ones (only looked at like 4-5?) either run really low settings, but smooth,

or higher settings but have sutter / fps issues.

Most of them have insane PCs, that are highly overclocked.

Good to know that.

Goatseye said:
JRPGfan said:

Good to know that.

Watch this video in 1080p60fps.

^  6700k OCed + 980ti OCed 6GB version.

PC @1080p vs XB1.

PC doesnt run nearly as "smooth" as the xbox one version.

*it has stutter, and Im pretty sure theres alot of time its running under 30fps.

JRPGfan said:
Goatseye said:

Good to know that.

Watch this video in 1080p60fps.

^  6700k OCed + 980ti OCed 6GB version.

PC @1080p vs XB1.

PC doesnt run nearly as "smooth" as the xbox one version.

*it has stutter, and Im pretty sure theres alot of time its running under 30fps.

That's just awful. That's why I was telling you I didn't see all those issues on streams. 

That's just unplayable during combat.