By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GT5p Sold out at Play.com

This game got very popular, very fast. I wonder what brought among the big change in people's philosiphies about it.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
GT5P is far bigger than any previous GT Prologue, and I think it may eat into the full GT5's sales.

But yeah, this releasing right now in Europe and two weeks before GTAIV in NA will certainly give Sony the edge for GTAIV's launch, unless MS drops the price in NA, which doesn't seem likely at this point in time. Just two weeks ago I thought it was a certainty. :|

In Europe? Sure. In America? Not so much. The install base advantage is just too huge, even with the 'brand recognition' and momentum from GT5: Prologue.

Deviation59 said:
makingmusic476 said:
GT5P is far bigger than any previous GT Prologue, and I think it may eat into the full GT5's sales.

But yeah, this releasing right now in Europe and two weeks before GTAIV in NA will certainly give Sony the edge for GTAIV's launch, unless MS drops the price in NA, which doesn't seem likely at this point in time. Just two weeks ago I thought it was a certainty. :|

In Europe? Sure. In America? Not so much. The install base advantage is just too huge, even with the 'brand recognition' and momentum from GT5: Prologue.

I meant from a hardware standpoint.  I think the combo of GT5P + GTAIV will result in more ps3s sold than 360s in NA come April 29th.

It is kind of funny, thinking about the money that could be made from this and it not even being the full game. If all 1 million people who preordered do end up buying the game (likely but not necessarily guaranteed, money problems could come up) and Sony gets $20 per sale (half retail) that $20 million alone would cover a huge amount of the cost of the game. Add in sales from Japan (220,000 not counting online sells) and America is a lot of money. If only 500,000 copies sold in America, add in the 220,000 from Japan, there is 720,000 copies and about $14.4 million more plus people who didn't preorder in Europe buying the game, plus people who bought it online where Sony gets the whole cut and a very large percentage of development costs for GT5 is covered and the game itself which sells around 10 million it will be a huge money maker for Sony.

GT4 Prologue sold pretty well in Europe, so while I am surprised by this, it is not unprecedented. GT5 Prologue is certainly exceeding a lot of people's expectations though.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson