By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Nintendo Does Not Reward Physical Games and Points Expire in 6 Months

That is awful. Digital should never expire. With Nintendo leaving us with droughts months at a time, we will never be able to save enough for anything worthwhile.

Around the Network

Got the Zelda Picross for 1000 coins. But expiring points are pretty stupid. It took me with the last system a really long time to collect enough points to get something worth. Even by buying lots of games.

But OK.. you get points by playing games or just visiting stuff, now.. so you earn them way faster than before.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

spemanig said:
There isn't really a problem with the six month expiration on coins. It's meant to reward people for constantly purchasing software. Active consumers only. If you're not redeeming your coins in 6 whole months, you're not the kind of consumer Nintendo wants to reward. The short expiration date is meant to make you spend your coins more quickly, meaning you'll get discounts more frequently, meaning you'll spend money more frequently, meaning you'll get coins more frequently, and on and on.

The discounts suck in NA, but My Nintendo itself is far better than CN ever was.

Remembet that quote from iwata which basically said "the more you buy, the cheaper it can get". My Nintendo works on that principle it seems.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Expiration is something I didn't like from Club Nintendo.
I lost stars equivalent to 1000 Wii points (that was the only reward possible back then).

If they keep it up and rotate the rewards quickly, then it is fine.

At least give us Pullblox World at 50%, just like you've done twice in NA.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Stefan.De.Machtige said:

Remembet that quote from iwata which basically said "the more you buy, the cheaper it can get". My Nintendo works on that principle it seems.

Lmao, trust me. I am very well aware of that quote. I've been referencing that quote for years.

Around the Network

-double post-

As a matter of fact, you could easily win Platinum coins to buy ALL the rewards in one/two months. I've won enough to buy Zelda Picross and get a 20% discount on Pullblox in less than a week. And the only think I've done is playing Miitomo. One free game + 2€ discount in a week. I think that's great. Just imagine that when they start to add more games. More games, more rewards. You could really save a lot of money. Asking them to not give a expiration date is just too much. It's a system to reward an active part of Nintendo community, not just some guy who buy a game, and haven't played any Nintendo game in 6 months.

Volterra_90 said:

As a matter of fact, you could easily win Platinum coins to buy ALL the rewards in one/two months. I've won enough to buy Zelda Picross and get a 20% discount on Pullblox in less than a week. And the only think I've done is playing Miitomo. One free game + 2€ discount in a week. I think that's great. Just imagine that when they start to add more games. More games, more rewards. You could really save a lot of money. Asking them to not give a expiration date is just too much. It's a system to reward an active part of Nintendo community, not just some guy who buy a game, and haven't played any Nintendo game in 6 months.

That's Nintendo's plan right there. It might work really well if they put an ongoing effort in it.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

That's disappointing, but at least the platinum points can be earned very easily.

The rewards from My Nintendo, are they linked to your NNID or can you use it in another account? How are the discounts or a free game made available?

Volterra_90 said:

20% discount on Pullblox

That game has been 50% off twice in NA, without the need of a reward system and just your standard Nintendo sale.
Has never been matched over here, not even with My Nintendo.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"