By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Nintendo Does Not Reward Physical Games and Points Expire in 6 Months

IGN had a talk with Bill Trinen on Miitomo and My Nintendo

Nintendo Has Bigger Plans for Miitomo

“Our development team is looking at it very much as just the initial release,” says Trinen. “They do have plans to continue to update. They’ll probably start by looking at how people are playing with Miitomo and how they’re interacting with it. But I think they’re looking at a couple of different ways that Miitomo will grow over time.”

“Certainly some of the updates are the addition of new outfits or new versions of the Miitomo drop mini-game, which you play using game tickets. You can even see, on the simpler side, updates to the questions you’re asked. But I also think they’re going to be looking longer term at the opportunity to do bigger updates that might add in new features and expand the experience."

Nintendo’s New rewards Program Doesn’t Reward Physical Purchases... Yet

“Initially, the focus is going to be on digital,” Trinen says, “but we do have a lot of ideas for what roll out down the road for packaged goods or real world interactions. I think we’ll continue to look at My Nintendo and how we can grow that as a rewards program, so that it really is trying to encompass all the different touch points of how people come into contact with Nintendo products.”

Nintendo’s New Reward Program has Three Coin Currencies… and They Can Expire

Nintendo’s new rewards program, called My Nintendo, launched alongside Miitomo. In it, you can earn three types of coins that count towards future discounts on digital software. You can earn Miitomo-themed Platinum Coins by completeing daily mission, like listening to your 10 of friend’s responses or linking Miitomo to social media services like Twitter/ Facebook. You can earn regular Platinum coins by completing more general missions, like signing into the company’s digital eShop once a week. Finally, Gold coins are earned by purchasing digital software.

My Nintendo coins can be cashed in for rewards, but they can also expire. You have 30 days to claim coins once you complete a mission. But, My Nintendo points can also expire on the first end-of-month (pacific time) after 6 month from when it’s earned.  For example, if you earn 100 points on March 3, they will expire on Sept. 30, 2016 at 11:59:59 PM.

You can read the rest of the article here (thanks to Nautilus for posting this)
[Source]

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Oh God Nintendo, why? Digital currency should not expire!!! Especially fake currency. You could keep your Club Nintendo points....oh wait, they cleared those out too every year didn't they? It's been a while since I last used it.

Why, what's the point of curency that expires? if they are going to do this, at the very least they should make new ofers every week, and keep them for a long time so we have time to get them.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Nintendo: One step forward, Two steps back.

1doesnotsimply

I still don't understand why digital points need to expire, what is the actual point of doing so?

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
Oh God Nintendo, why? Digital currency should not expire!!! Especially fake currency. You could keep your Club Nintendo points....oh wait, they cleared those out too every year didn't they? It's been a while since I last used it.

Club Nintendo points expired in 2 years

| |

Platina said:
Ljink96 said:

Better than 6 months though

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
Platina said:

Indeed. Especially if game releases are spaced out, they would expire before you can get enough points to ge the good rewards :/

| |

Platina said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Indeed. Especially if game releases are spaced out, they would expire before you can get enough points to ge the good rewards :/

Unless you buy all the 20 metacritic shovelware, oh dear.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

This is pretty stupid, digital currency that can expire is insane. At the very least, they should give more than 6 months.