By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Greatest April Fools in VGchartz history!

Tagged games:

What took you so long?

! 6 50.00%

Kojimaaaaa! 1 8.33%

You're pretty good :) 2 16.67%

You played us like a damn fiddle! 3 25.00%

Total:12
OneKartVita said:

in fairness when you finally copped on you weren't very happy haha. now at least you know i wasn't actually permabanned so you can stop bringing that up in any future debates :) 

Oh believe me I had it figured since day 1 lol. It's not that I'm not happy, it's that I'm looking at a rule book and then the rule book getting burned in front of my eyes, then I make a trip and suddenly I see some scrambling to put the rule book back together, at least 2 people have been brought back from a permanent ban which alone means there is no such thing as a perma ban despite what the rules might say, I'm inclined to believe that if anyone here was perma'd then we all have the right to come back again one more time if not a few more, unless of course the answer is no well then I guess someone is going to have to answer as to why a select few are allowed the come back from what is known in the text book as a "permanent" ban. (this isn't talking about you btw as I;d known for a while now about the original plan, it;s about a few others).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
OneKartVita said:

in fairness when you finally copped on you weren't very happy haha. now at least you know i wasn't actually permabanned so you can stop bringing that up in any future debates :) 

Oh believe me I had it figured since day 1 lol. It's not that I'm not happy, it's that I'm looking at a rule book and then the rule book getting burned in front of my eyes, then I make a trip and suddenly I see some scrambling to put the rule book back together, at least 2 people have been brought back from a permanent ban which alone means there is no such thing as a perma ban despite what the rules might say, I'm inclined to believe that if anyone here was perma'd then we all have the right to come back again one more time if not a few more, unless of course the answer is no well then I guess someone is going to have to answer as to why a select few are allowed the come back from what is known in the text book as a "permanent" ban. (this isn't talking about you btw as I;d known for a while now about the original plan, it;s about a few others).

oh yeah i agree that it's a bit weird legit perma's coming back but tbh i don't let users on this site effect me. so i really couldn't care if someone comes back, even if most of their previous bans were from me reporting them like super666. it's weird but i'd feel bad if he was gone forever because he's harmless. but the good thing is the perma banned stopped the constant spam he used to give. 

so in that sense, the perma banned teaches them a good lesson especially when they really will be gone for good if they act up on their second chance. i've seen at least one person re perma'd since they were back because they went back to old ways. and this happened before you were active on this site so it's nothing new, just more common. 

Ryuu96 said:
OneKartVita said:

But not at the time this joke took place.  It was never intended to be an April fools 2016. it was last year's joke and it worked a treat back then. 

Nah, a goood amount of us knew at the time too, mainly XBE members, Smeags? told Jay that you weren't FlamingWeasel and you were returning on April Fools 2015 but that never happened, Jay and Slade even commented on your Kerotan wall telling people it was a joke.

Me, Slade, Rob, Noble, Goatseye, Kapi?, Seece, Jay, Versus among others and whoever came in and out the Skype chat pretty much knew from the start that Kerotan (You) wasn't Flaming Weasel ;)

lol Who is Rob? But thanks for posting this, I was too lazy to explain.

Ryuu96 said:
OneKartVita said:

But not at the time this joke took place.  It was never intended to be an April fools 2016. it was last year's joke and it worked a treat back then. 

Nah, a goood amount of us knew at the time too, mainly XBE members, Smeags? told Jay that you weren't FlamingWeasel and you were returning on April Fools 2015 but that never happened, Jay and Slade even commented on your Kerotan wall telling people it was a joke.

Me, Slade, Rob, Noble, Goatseye, Kapi?, Seece, Jay, Versus among others and whoever came in and out the Skype chat pretty much knew from the start that Kerotan (You) wasn't Flaming Weasel ;)

Everybody fell for it initially.  Slade copped on after a while that it was close to April fools but the damage was done.  You had all briefly thought I was really gone!  

While a small group new a shit ton of users never did until I came back as OneKartVita.  Even then many didn't know. 

Edit: the head mods new but most of them didn't either. 

Second edit: slade actually celebrated on my wall initially (and maybe in my goodbye thread too). but when he copped he deleted the post on my wall and instead went and gave out to smeags.

The best was posters like Seece actually thinking I was weasel like 2 months before, and others like LudicrousSpeed and kowinicki saying it was obvious all along.

Actually Ludicrous tried calling me weasel as an insult on another forum a few months back. That was funny.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
OneKartVita said:

Second edit: slade actually celebrated on my wall initially (and maybe in my goodbye thread too). but when he copped he deleted the post on my wall and instead went and gave out to smeags.

The best was posters like Seece actually thinking I was weasel like 2 months before, and others like LudicrousSpeed and kowinicki saying it was obvious all along.

Actually Ludicrous tried calling me weasel as an insult on another forum a few months back. That was funny.

That's one way to look at it.

The other is that the reactions show just how terrible of a user you were when you could be mistaken for a FlamingWeazel alt.

I see myself like the mind of the joker inside the body of batman. I really enjoy the fact I was mistaken for him by those that didn't like me. A lot on here did like me and they felt a bit weird after. Like they liked me but there didn't like Weasel. Felt bad for them :'(

Ryuu96 said:
OneKartVita said:

Everybody fell for it initially.  Slade copped on after a while that it was close to April fools but the damage was done.  You had all briefly thought I was really gone!  

While a small group new a shit ton of users never did until I came back as OneKartVita.  Even then many didn't know. 

Edit: the head mods new but most of them didn't either. 

For maybe a day? a few days? yeah Jay was told before April Fools, it kind of defeats the point when we find out before April fools that it's an April Fools joke, we were waiting for you to return but you never did and assumed you decided not to because some of us knew your plan.

Slade didn't cop on either, Smeags? told Jay and Jay told us, Slade was apart of that group.

Small group maybe (Skype chat at the time was maybe around 25ish? users) but it didn't go as perfectly as you thought it did.

If I remember correctly Slade didn't delete his post either, a mod did (Edit, forget this part, I'm too unsure on what happened with his first post back then) but he and Jay made another one anyway.

Also I wouldn't brag about users thinking you was FlamingWeasel.....

No it went exectly as planned. I didn't care how long people were fooled, I just wanted to fool everybody once which I did. It couldn't have went any better. 

BTW what actually happened, Slade copped thatApril first was near and caught on. He went and gave out to smeags because he was upset. jay asked smeags and smeags told him. that's it. regardless i fool you all once and that was my sole intention. i had a smile from cheek to cheek seeing the reactions and then another seeing them again when some people found out i wasn't really gone. 

the likes of rol brought me up numberous times wondering when i'd be back. we were good friends :) 

Ryuu96 said:
OneKartVita said:

No it went exectly as planned. I didn't care how long people were fooled, I just wanted to fool everybody once which I did. It couldn't have went any better. 

BTW what actually happened, Slade copped thatApril first was near and caught on. He went and gave out to smeags because he was upset. jay asked smeags and smeags told him. that's it. regardless i fool you all once and that was my sole intention. i had a smile from cheek to cheek seeing the reactions and then another seeing them again when some people found out i wasn't really gone. 

the likes of rol brought me up numberous times wondering when i'd be back. we were good friends :) 

@Bold, well, that's nice I suppose you fooled some of us for a day and others for longer and made people think you were Flaming Weasel............ wouldn't exactly be hard for some other users to do the same ;)

Also here's the PM and there's no PM before that, literally on the date of your ban

from Smeags, to JayWood2010, iceland, Ka-pi96, Versus_Evil on 24 March 2015

(Delete Message)

So... I hate to disappoint you all, but the Kerotan ban is just a joke ban for April Fools. He approached me with the idea and we went ahead with it. Just wanted to let you all know so when April 1st comes around and I unban him, you won't be blue-balled by the news. You can tell the other guys who might be bummed out as well. xD

Either way, you guys get to enjoy a week without Kerotan. I figured, joke or not, that's something. :P

and here's Slade's comment, a day after - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7168878 and multiple other comments playing along, pretending that he didn't know for sure but thought that's what would happen, Versus also made a post the day after saying it's an April fools.

I'm pretty sure he didn't cop on and you fooled us for even less than a day....

Edit - I'd assume he only told Jay because he knows Jay doesn't like you, not sure why he included the other 3 since I don't know their opinion on you but maybe because they are active Xbox users at the time and could tell others quicker.

Edit - and some of the most well known at the time in XBE and XBE + You didn't have a good history.

yeah i just wanted to fool everyone once. didn't matter how long although many who were not informed believed it for a long time. the prank met my expectations at the time. 

I had no idea Kerotan was banned.
I also never noticed this account existed until today. Don't recognize the avatar at all.

Naw, you can't be Kerotan. I thought he said the Vita was irrelevant : P

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Oh... totally unexpected! I would never guess!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won