By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. April bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

The Ratchet and Clank franchise took a dive sales-wise in the second half of the 7th gen, Even A Crack in Time underperformed being the first in the franchise to fall short of 2 million (according to VGC). So I guess that sets a benchmark for R&C, if it gets over 2 million it's given the franchise a boost.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

3 Hours after last update:

HARDWARE
#18 PS4 Black Ops 3 Bundle (up 1)
#58 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 3)
#72 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 2)
#75 XB1 White Console Bundle (up 5)
#95 Vita (re-entry)
#523 PS4 Uncharted 4 Bundle (down 63)

SOFTWARE (Pre-Orders Only)
#03 PS4 Ratchet And Clank (up 2)
#11 PS4 Uncharted: A Thief's End (same)
#19 WiiU Starfox Zero (up 1)
#54 PS4 Star Ocean (same)

The PS5 Exists. 

4 Hours after last update:

HARDWARE
#18 PS4 Black Ops 3 Bundle (same)
#55 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 3)
#80 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 8)
#86 XB1 White Console Bundle (down 11)
#604 PS4 Uncharted 4 Bundle (down 81)

SOFTWARE (Pre-Orders Only)
#03 PS4 Ratchet And Clank (same)
#10 PS4 Uncharted: A Thief's End (up 1)
#20 WiiU Starfox Zero (down 1)
#66 PS4 Star Ocean (down 12)

The PS5 Exists. 

Nice Ratchet :)

Ratchet is selling... much better than Quantum break was at this point.
Dont think QB made it top5 either? R&C has been at #3 spot for a while now.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

R&C could go to the top tomorrow, i hope it does. The game has been selling great.

Quantum Break flirted with the Top 5 but it was friendzoned at the end and now its going down

JRPGfan said:

QB was #5 for about half a day.

I'm planning on taking my almost 6 year old to R&C at the end of the month, and I'm contemplating picking the game up for her (and myself).

Up until this point (tried back in December), shes has been pretty terrible at non tablet games. Multiple input buttons have been too much for her since shes used to just touching the screen to get a result.

I have 2 week to order R&C for $32 on amazon, or I can wait until the market price drops....

If I end up getting it for her - that would give me only 3 games for to play :-/ : R&C, Tearaway: Unfolded, and Little Big Planet 3.

Those Quantum Break sales in UK... Damn, if ReC sells more in April NPD, that's gonna be the bigger bomba of the year. Yes bigger than Street Fighter.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Those Quantum Break sales in UK... Damn, if ReC sells more in April NPD, that's gonna be the bigger bomba of the year. Yes bigger than Street Fighter.

It probably will....

R&C is accessible to all ages vs Quantum Break being accessible mainly to adults (and children whose parents don't give a fuck i guess).

R&C has a full fledged movie coming out (granted its at the very END of the month).

R&C is $20 cheaper.

R&C is on the platform with a higher install rate.