By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXV team ambition is to sell 10 millions

Final Fantasy XV needs to sell 10 million units to succeed
Via Kotaku UKhttp://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/03/31/f...ies-to-succeed

At a press conference this morning, director Hajima Tabata answered that question: it needs to sell 10 million copies, worldwide, over entire the life-span of the game. For context, that's more than any Final Fantasy game has ever sold except Final Fantasy VII, almost twice as much as The Witcher 3 has sold so far, and twice as much as Metal Gear Solid V has sold to date.

For some added context: The best selling installment, FF VII, sold under 10 million until several re-releases/ports later
---
Mod Edit:
Update:  An official statement from Square Enix clarifying: "We believe there was a communication problem during the conference. In fact, Tabata was referencing 10 million copies only as a high goal which the development team set to realize their ambition to make the ultimate Final Fantasy game. And the comment was never meant to be referred as a recoup line of the investment."
- VXIII

Around the Network

With the success of the PS4 and if the NX is a console/handheld hybrid and it gets the game, then its quite possible.

I think it's possible, having a good word of mouth...

It's more than possible.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

PS4+Xbone and maybe NX it should be possible

Around the Network

Only VII & X, have sold that much before right?

Chances are this will sell less.

I was really thinking 6mil-8mil lifetime. I think Ffvii is the only one to hit 10mil?

It probably will. We'll get a 9th gen port too, remember.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Possible but it's gonna take a good long while.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

possible but tough, will need to be amazing

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.