By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Star Wars 7.. What du you think now.?

Loved it like I love all SW films (except AotC). The only problem with the movie is the weak John Williams score.

For all the complaints that exist about the movie this should be the thing that should be prioritized but it isnt! There was only a few notable themes like Rey's theme. The rest of it was dull. There was no "Imperial March", no "Duel of Fates", nothing. Just a very mild soundtrack...

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Yeah, that's some definite plot holes there. Especially what happened between the end of ep 6 and start of ep 7. I mean, they had a republic and everything yet they were still called 'the resistance'? Resistance implies they were rebelling against something, not representing an independant republic. A republic which we never even saw before they were effortlessly wiped out. Ya know, the death star worked because it was a weapon to be feared. It was powerful, but not overpowered. Their new weapon literally wiped out the entire republic in 1 shot? There's no realistic way they should be able to rebuild after that. The war should effectively be over.

And yeah, there was some serious deus ex machina going on in there too, especially Rey.

But hey, it never had any stupid annoying creatures so that's a plus

To answer the first part that was "technically" explained in a scene with Leia visiting that planet that exploded from the Star Killer Base. But that entire chunk of the movie was taken out as to make the movie shorter. Its also why Phasma lacks scenes.

It would have filled a lot of "holes" that were made if they kept those scenes in. I wouldnt have minded a slightly longer SW movie tbh v.v XD

StarOcean said:
Loved it like I love all SW films (except AotC). The only problem with the movie is the weak John Williams score.

For all the complaints that exist about the movie this should be the thing that should be prioritized but it isnt! There was only a few notable themes like Rey's theme. The rest of it was dull. There was no "Imperial March", no "Duel of Fates", nothing. Just a very mild soundtrack...

Yep, I really agree with that. That was weird for me, since the only thing I enjoy of the prequels is the soundtrack. It's not bad, just good, but we're talking about John Williams, so that's dissapointing. Rey's Theme is the real standout. Even the introduction theme doesn't sound quite good (don't ask me why lol). But I prefer to enjoy the film and not the soundtrack, that just enjoying the soundtrack :P

Looking forward to watching it again with friends on Blu Ray.

I know people have issues with Rey, but she was first Star Wars character since original trilogy I really loved. I am excited to see her story and training in VIII.

"I liked it before, now I hate it, but I'll like it again in a few months."

That's probably gonna be the stance of many of the people who currently don't like it.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network

LIGHT YEARS better than the prequels, but not as good as Episodes IV-VI. Still, i was happy that it was not as bad as the awful, awful, awful Episodes I-III. My friends and I watched them prior to going to see VII and they're boring, cringe-worthy, and full of unneccessary fluff. VII was much better and I hope that VIII and IX expand and improve. 

Hi

I've watched Star Wars The Force Awakens twice and both times I've enjoyed it. The only thing that bothered me was that it borrowed too much from the original trilogy.

Same opinion as when I first saw the movie really. I liked it overall and it was a lot of fun, not quite as good as any of the films from the original trilogy but I enough it more than the prequels.

It felt like a photocopy movie of A New Hope.

Overhyped remake of Episode 4. Will be forgotten, even the prequels have more soul, played it ultra safe and the end product is so unmemorable.