By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - So looks now is a right time for build a PC

With  all  rumours  of  ''PS4  K ''  well then pc gaming is more enticing than ever before.

toughts?

Around the Network

It's going to be a resounding "nope", I can tell you that much in terms of being the "right" time to build a PC.

Personally I wanted to build one since late 2012 because I neglected the platform for so long and decided to hop back, things were a bit iffy at first (mostly my build) and then as time went on things got better for me in terms of simplicity. It's still up to you entirely if you want to build yourself a PC but on here you're more than likely to be told that you don't ever need to, unless you just want to play only Mobas and MMO's.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

When Pascal/Polaris graphics cards releases and Intel Kaby Lake CPU's, consoles will have even bigger competition.

Even from Intel with the integrated graphics.

Iris Pro Graphics 580, GT4e – 72 execution units with 64 or 128 MB of eDRAM, 1152 GFLOPS at 1 GHz

So laptops and prebuilds will have the same power as the Xbox One in 2017.

Actually, right now is bad time to build PC since both AMD and nVidia are about to launch 14/16nm GPUs in near future...so wait a bit longer.

Right time for who?

I mean, I'm looking into it, but I don't think I spend enough time gaming to justify the costs of building a gaming PC, and either way, I'd wait for the next series of GPUs and CPUs before starting. Might go for a low cost card, perhaps Nvidia releases a 950ti using their new architecture, like they did with the 750ti.

Around the Network
chidori-chan2 said:

With  all  rumours  of  ''PS4  K ''  well then pc gaming is more enticing than ever before.

toughts?

It's the opposite : having a new PS4 model every 3 years allows you to have an hardware in a close environment which can be fully optimized, unlike PC, and have more power every 3 years; so, a 'casual-hardcore' is considering a lot more PS4 than a PC, as you will have amazing graphics spending max 399$ as the new PS4 is released, instead of spending 600$ for the only PC GPU, and have non optimized games. Look at The Division, and tell me if it's worth it to have a 3000$ PC when basicly you have the same experience on XBox1, which has 1/6 of the power of the Monster PC.   So, having a new X1 or PS4 every 3 years will be even worse for PCs. My opinion ;)

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Actually, if you can, wait until the ned of the year or early 2017 to buy a new PC.

This coming months we'll get new graphic cards from both AMD and Nvidia, and in the CPU front Intel and AMD will also launch new processors.

But hey, you can start looking at other parts: Case, PSU, RAM (DDR4), HDD and/or SSD, CPU cooler, etc.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

So because Sony gives an upgrade to run PS4 games in better performance after the speculated 3th or 4th year of the PS4s lifetime its better now to have countless of upgrades every month on PC? Or losing physical media and other console advantages?

Also youre from Brazil, maybe a new PS4 with higher Brazilian taxes makes it worse over PC gaming for you, but not for me and others

JEMC said:
Actually, if you can, wait until the ned of the year or early 2017 to buy a new PC.

This coming months we'll get new graphic cards from both AMD and Nvidia, and in the CPU front Intel and AMD will also launch new processors.

But hey, you can start looking at other parts: Case, PSU, RAM (DDR4), HDD and/or SSD, CPU cooler, etc.

Is anything known about AMD's new CPUs?

I'm thinking hard about a new PC but I'm really undecided.  AMD's CPUs are really enticing for their price but, wow, most of their stuff is several years old.  I got caught with my current PC where the socket was outdated almost as soon as I bought it, meaning no simple CPU upgrades.  Still, they're such a good value compared to Intel and I'd rather spend my budget on the GPU.  The i5 line is nice but I don't even know if it's really worth it.  I want under $1,000 total so my real limit is $900 at the most.

I'm also done with Radeon, at least for now.  I'm tired of having problems and then reading somewhere "that game seems to work better on Nvidia cards."

Ka-pi96 said:

I don't see a single reason why that makes PC a better option than it was before...

I'm primarily a PC gamer but I've been looking into getting a PS4 at some point. Now it sounds like getting the existing model is a bad idea, and I don't think I want to dish out extra money for a better model either. I've been waiting for the console to get cheaper but if I get a less powerful model that way, I don't think I'm buying it at all. I'm mainly concerned about framerate, and I imagine that's an easy compromise to make for the less powerful model. That's my two cents at least.