By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
TheLastStarFighter said:
DanneSandin said:

Cool, so this would be perfect for consoles, and especially HH? I read some of that thread, and this only seem to be a rumor so far? This could turn out to be bogus? All we've been hearing so far is that Nintendo will be using Nvideas tegra X1 or something like that, no?

Console yes, probably not handheld.  Seems ideal for NX tho.

Why would it be better for consoles and not for handhelds? I thought that with lower watt usage it would benefit handhelds more, as it would be saving battery life?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

Console yes, probably not handheld.  Seems ideal for NX tho.

Why would it be better for consoles and not for handhelds? I thought that with lower watt usage it would benefit handhelds more, as it would be saving battery life?

Even with the reduction in power draw, it's still too high for a portable application.

Darc Requiem said:
DanneSandin said:

Even with the reduction in power draw, it's still too high for a portable application.

Aaaah ok... So Nintendo would have to use a different solution for their HH? I guess the long rumored tegra x2 would be their best choice?

DanneSandin said:
Darc Requiem said:

Aaaah ok... So Nintendo would have to use a different solution for their HH? I guess the long rumored tegra x2 would be their best choice?

I think that's still too powerful and expensive for how they would want to do it, but maybe.  If they delay true handheld NX by a year or two, something like Tegra2 could be viable.  I suspect they want to keep it small though.

TheLastStarFighter said:
DanneSandin said:

I think that's still too powerful and expensive for how they would want to do it, but maybe.  If they delay true handheld NX by a year or two, something like Tegra2 could be viable.  I suspect they want to keep it small though.

How do you think Nintendo will solve the HH then?

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

How do you think Nintendo will solve the HH then?

Hard to say, but I can see them shifting some of their HH focus to mobile.   They could also release a portable NX later, as production costs drop - not unlike the Playstation model.

I can see the HH being designed to both handle portable gaming and mobile as well.

Well, I can agree that mobile games probably will feature in the NX somehow. But I'm not entirely sure they'll SHIFT some of their HH focus to mobile; I think we'll continue to see what Nintendo already have done, making mobile games to drive their HW and SW sales like Pokémon GO did, and Mario Run probably will. In the end, maybe they'll lose out on like one HH game per year to make these mobile games, but itll be worth it since they'll be able to produce more games in total per console, since there only will be one console to produce for.

Time to watch this space

http://wccftech.com/nintendo-nx-reveal-imminent-industry-sources/

A lot of rumours will be put to rest in 7 hours while some will still live on until the full unveiling in future.

time to figure out what was true lol

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air