By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The PC crowd on VGC find jokes funny?

The PC crowd can u/they take a joke

Yes PC crowd love jokes & banter 9 26.47%

No PC crowd on VGC don't like jokes so stop 25 73.53%

Total:34

Do PC gamers like jokes? Generally, yes

Do PC gamers like bad jokes? Generally, no

Does anyone really like bad jokes? Generally, no

Remember, context in text is hard to perceive. I read your "joke" and think you are trying to give a genuine warning against things you appear not to like. Someone else might read it and assign the voice of Betty White to it. Who knows.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
Im not sure bringing in Mods PM's to you is the best way to go when it comes to talking about your ban.
Im also sure that Zorro was just trying to let you down easy, without hurting your feelings by telling you your joke wasnt really funny lol.

Wasn't a PM, Zorro said that in the thread he got banned in.

zero129 said:
mornelithe said:

Wasn't a PM, Zorro said that in the thread he got banned in.

Hmm well then that changes it i guess.

Id still say Zorro was being like sacastic or something like that lol, i dont think he really believes we all dont have a sense of humor xD .

Tbh, a mod should know better.  I get this response often.  Oh that's just how that person is.  Yeah...but if we're trying to attract/retain people (there was thread about attracting new people), not everyone knows how that person is.  And if you're being sarcastic, you prevent a shitload of misunderstandings by simply putting a notation in.  And considering how easy it is to do so, it comes across as intentional.

You're trying to paint everyone with a single brush here that uses the PC and then ask if they as a whole have a sense of humour? I can't see that ending well really, everyone is different, also from the link to your "joke" that isn't funny. Just because you think it's funny in your head when you talk about another fan base with a ton of the worst stereotypes about them, that isn't a joke.

Also to your question, everyone has humour, as long as the jokes are good.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I find jokes funny. But the Master Race quote is worn out and overused. So that one joke isn't funny anymore, for me.

Around the Network

I told ye, VGC houses some very unsavory characters. Not everyone is as malleable as you, hypothetically speaking. It's not the end of the world because you get banned. You're life isn't gonna go down the pits because a moderator banned you or people tell on you all the time like 3rd graders. Just don't interact with those people again. Problem solved.

And if jokes are funny to some and not to others...who's at fault in the equation? Just because you don't like the joke, you think it's okay to jump on that person? I'm not very biased. I can see jokes coming from either side of the lane. I've had to for a long time. Maybe I should pull a Colonel Mustang and get rid of the Fuhrer Bradlies on VGC by becoming a mod XD See...joke. Uh oh.

I have a feeling that, instead of making a comment that wasn't just not funny, but also poorly written ,he had instead made a really funny comment with the same overtones he might have escaped censure.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

What joke was it?