By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Angry Joe's Oculus Rift Review

Protendo said:
Vive and PSVR for me.

I'm not sure why, but Oculus just isn't doing it for me. My experience with Vive was much better.

I'd probably go with the Vive aswell. I know it's an extra $200, but it comes with the motion controlers and seems like the better experience overall.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Protendo said:
Vive and PSVR for me.

I'm not sure why, but Oculus just isn't doing it for me. My experience with Vive was much better.

I'd probably go with the Vive aswell. I know it's an extra $200, but it comes with the motion controlers and seems like the better experience overall.

You Muricans are lucky, the Vive total cost was like 970€ here.

That's why I'm waiting until retail shops have it on stock.

damn whats with all the hate for Angry Joe? I think he's one of the better reviewers.

OT i have used OCulus Rift and it is badass

oniyide said:
damn whats with all the hate for Angry Joe? I think he's one of the better reviewers.

I can't understand it either. I don't agree with everything he says but I think he's sincere in what he says and that's what I look for in a reviewer.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
oniyide said:

I can't understand it either. I don't agree with everything he says but I think he's sincere in what he says and that's what I look for in a reviewer.

It's his personality and his demeanor I don't like. Not so much his views or that I don't find him credible.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

No Oculus Rift fans on here? It's important for this to be good in order to promote VR and from what I'm reading and seeing, it is.

I didnt watch the review because i know it will be good already. i know all the specs for these things and i read impressions/news all the time at https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/ https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/ https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/ i feel like theres no point in watching this

VR isn't a good thing for humanity.

I'm not using this crap no matter how amazing it is. And I hope most people have the same attitude.

Didn't watch it, I prefer reading over videos. Eurogamer was pretty positive though.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-oculus-rift-review

Only concerns, Oculus touch is not yet available and you will need it at some point.
And some question marks about the minimum hardware spec:

And the big takeaway from all my VR experience so far is that what you think you want from the hardware isn't necessarily what's going to be most effective. Slightly Mad Studios' Project Cars is the most overt 'triple-A' game on the launch roster, but actually serves to demonstrate that non-VR titles ported to the platform may not pay off for everyone. First of all, there's the question of spec. You can boot and play the vast majority of the launch titles and they run perfectly right off the bat on base-spec hardware - not so Project Cars, which clearly requires some serious hardware to achieve the required locked 90fps.

And Vanishing of Ethan Carther

Out of the box, settings are well-tuned too, meaning that these stunning visuals lock at 90Hz on the base-spec hardware. The image isn't pristine, being somewhat blurry with intrusive sub-pixel break-up - but that's exactly because The Astonauts have tailored default settings so that those with the lowest acceptable specification in hardware do get that locked frame-rate.

Games build for it all work fine anyway.

never mind

Angry Joe's on VR : "its not a gimmick"