By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (Rumor) New info NX- More Powerful than PS4, GDDR5, Zelda: Feilds of Dawn NX, $350 Nintendo achievements.

spemanig said:

"The screen on the controller is 1080p"

I call BS.

Also, this is the rumor I was referring to, SpokenTruth.

EDIT: Actually, if this is that reddit leak, it's already been proven fake. The leaker didn't say it used GDDR5. They said it used DDR5. Then they were asked if it used DDR5 or GDDR5. They still said DDR5.

DDR5 does not exist. They were tricked into outing themselves.

In other news, thebitblock just had a meltdown on his channel because people are finally realising what a cancer he is. It is glorious. 

What happened to the BitBlock?

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

PS4 is nothing special. If Nintendo's making a "conventional console" and PS4 is what they're aiming for, they're in big trouble, PS4 is an old piece of tech, this would be the Wii U mistake all over again of making something just slightly better than par of the PS3/360.

NX needs to be more interesting than that. That's just not good enough. 

PRICE.

If they do a monster console, that beats the crap outta the PS4 & XB1, and have a expensive controller.... thats not going to be a cheap system.

Would probably mean they end up like the PS3 did... way to expensive.

I rather nintendo make Wii U mistake all over again, and put out a console at 399$,

than them doing something insane and it being like 599$ (but much much faster than PS4)

We don't know what NX is capable of. The technology is supposed to be unheard of so while I won't believe it, you're not gonna tell me it won't be at least as powerful as the PS4. It'd be doomed out the box.

lol the ARM is more powerful than PS4 trope.
At least make up something believable guys.
Better luck next time!

Conina said:
So an ARM-SoC more powerful than the PS4-APU? That would be a big leap to the fastest ARM-SoCs available now (Tegra X1 + Apple A9X).

I don't think so.

A costum 8 core ARM CPU based on the ARM Cortex A72 will be faster than the Jaguar cores of the PS4 and Xbox One

Around the Network

What's the point of going ARM? They could stick to the POWER architecture and maintain BC. I'm sure IBM with its OpenPower would happily design a costum core for Nintendo.

"I think this is true just like how I found the Rumoured controller to be true" <---- What I was expecting in most of the users here.......

Pocky Lover Boy! 

ARM for a non mobile device? Makes it pretty suspicious right there.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

WolfpackN64 said:
Conina said:
So an ARM-SoC more powerful than the PS4-APU? That would be a big leap to the fastest ARM-SoCs available now (Tegra X1 + Apple A9X).

I don't think so.

A costum 8 core ARM CPU based on the ARM Cortex A72 will be faster than the Jaguar cores of the PS4 and Xbox One

Even if that's the case, it doesn't fit Nintendo's modus operandi. The NX was started under Iwata. I find it unlikely that they'd go with a highly customized design. 

I seriously don't know what to believe anymore. I will not be making any assumptions until it is officially announced by Nintendo. All these rumors are just too much! XD

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261