By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: PSVR May Come To PC

zero129 said:
MortienGerrux said:

Am I the only one here thinking Sony will pull "A Microsoft" and release their exclusives on PC?

Especially now with the PS4 dropping to under 300$ they only make money from services and selling games, not selling hardware.

At some point in the future yes!. I do believe Sony will have their own Digital Store on PC and a number of devices.

However i dont think that time will be now or this gen, and if the PSVR comes to PC i also dont think Sony VR exclusive games will, i think it will be just them releasing an official driver for PC.

Isn't that what PS Now is for?

Around the Network
zero129 said:
MortienGerrux said:

Am I the only one here thinking Sony will pull "A Microsoft" and release their exclusives on PC?

Especially now with the PS4 dropping to under 300$ they only make money from services and selling games, not selling hardware.

At some point in the future yes!. I do believe Sony will have their own Digital Store on PC and a number of devices.

However i dont think that time will be now or this gen, and if the PSVR comes to PC i also dont think Sony VR exclusive games will, i think it will be just them releasing an official driver for PC.

So it would be only a "sitting" exprience, playing games with controller or mouse/keyboard?

zero129 said:
mornelithe said:

Isn't that what PS Now is for?

Well yes kinda. But i mean more in line with Steam where you can download your games. Anyway i dont see this happening soon but i believe at some point things will go in that direction.

I mean, it'd be nice, but it seems completely counter to them setting up the servers for streaming these games and would render a good chunk of that investment (TV's would still be viable, ofc) moot.  Not sure that's in the cards imo.  Though, I'd love to be able to cross a piece of hardware off my list.  If I could get all Sony IP on my PC...I'd probably start getting Nintendo hardware again.

zero129 said:
mornelithe said:

I mean, it'd be nice, but it seems completely counter to them setting up the servers for streaming these games and would render a good chunk of that investment (TV's would still be viable, ofc) moot.  Not sure that's in the cards imo.  Though, I'd love to be able to cross a piece of hardware off my list.  If I could get all Sony IP on my PC...I'd probably start getting Nintendo hardware again.

I believe the is a strong market for both types of service imo.

Well streaming could be the future. You know just pick up a controller and launch the app on your Smart TV.

And no, it's not our fault the US is years behind compared to Europe in terms of internet speeds. Here in the Netherlands the most bought package of the biggest ISP is 120Mb/s (30Mb/s or 120Mb/s or 200Mb/s)

I have to say PSVR going to PC is even more insentive to get it as i can get to hook it up to my pc so i don't need to buy one of the other headets.

Around the Network

Hmm...There is a good chance I'll be buying PSVR (assuming I enjoy using it at PAX) so I would welcome PC support.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Hmm...There is a good chance I'll be buying PSVR (assuming I enjoy using it at PAX) so I would welcome PC support.

I know it's asking quite a bit, but can you do a thread on your experience when you get back?  If you feel like it/have the time etc...  Would really appreciate it.

mornelithe said:
Normchacho said:

I know it's asking quite a bit, but can you do a thread on your experience when you get back?  If you feel like it/have the time etc...  Would really appreciate it.

That is 100% the plan. I'm actually hoping to get to use the Rift and Vive aswell, but PSVR is the one I actually plan on buying in the near future (I'll be up early tomorrow to try and pre-order it from Amazon) so if it comes down to it I'll just try PSVR.

But yeah, I'll post a thread with as much information about it as I can. The demos I try, how comfortable it is, ect. It's only a few weeks away now (4/22-23) so if I remember I can even post the link on your wall when it's up if you'd like.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
mornelithe said:

That is 100% the plan. I'm actually hoping to get to use the Rift and Vive aswell, but PSVR is the one I actually plan on buying in the near future (I'll be up early tomorrow to try and pre-order it from Amazon) so if it comes down to it I'll just try PSVR.

But yeah, I'll post a thread with as much information about it as I can. The demos I try, how comfortable it is, ect. It's only a few weeks away now (4/22-23) so if I remember I can even post the link on your wall when it's up if you'd like.

Awesome, tyvm in advance.  It's a challenge to actually focus on any one thing for very long at any Convention (been to 2 Blizzcon's).  So, I do appreciate the effort.  Look forward to seeing your impressions.

Ha! I've predicted time and again that PSVR comes to PC sooner or later.

But this exceeds even my wildest dreams: I believed the way PSVR would come to PC would be by the internet community developing inofficial PC drivers for PSVR, just like they have already done for pretty much all Playstation peripherals. People constantly ridiculed this idea by claiming that SONY would do absolutely anything possible to prevent this from happening (being able to use PSVR on PC).

Quite ironic that SONY itself is now considering developing and releasing PC software for PSVR. Even I hadn't expected SONY to go this far...