By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: PSVR May Come To PC

プレステVRは、単なるプレステ4向けの周辺機器にとどまらないのだ。先述の伊藤氏は「今すぐではないが」と前置きした上で、将来的にプレステVRをパソ コンと 接続して利用できるようにする計画を検討中であることも認めた。「プレステ4は元々、内部パーツがパソコンに近いため可能性はある。今はゲームに集中して いるた め、何かを発表する段階ではないが、さまざまな分野に広げられるだろう」(伊藤氏)

But PlayStation VR is not just a Playstation 4 peripheral. While Ito warned that "nothing will happen right away," he revealed that Sony was considering plans to enable the use of Playstation VR through connection with PCs in the future. "Since Playstation 4 shares a lot of its internals with PCs, the possibility is there. At the moment we are focused on games and we are not ready to make any announcements at this stage, but I'd say there will be an expansion into various fields."

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/4c6098/nikkei_japan_interview_with_sony_sony_is_okay/

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Now THAT has the chance of making PSVR really succesful, specially if it dosent need a pc as powerful as the one that Oculus/Vive asks to.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I imagined the PS VR would eventually work on PC, specially if they decide to stream PS content to non-PS devices.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

BraLoD said:
That would be great for the headset per se, but I dunno, being a PS4 exclusive at least in the beginning is the best idea, it pushes less headsets but also pushes PS4s.

Considering the type of market that the PSVR is marketing to, the number of PS4 that it will sell, that people will buy for it, will be irrelevant in my opinion.I mean, for you to be able to use it, if you dont already have a PS4, you are going to spend 900+ dollars.The ones that have this much money, and are willing to risk it on a "new" tecnology, are the enthusiastics , which are going to buy Oculus or Vive, since they are the better VR.PSVR are going to be bought by people that already have the PS4, and most likely, the camera too.

So this (likely)comming to PC is also great news, since it can be marketed to those who have a good PC, but nowhere as good as required by the others, and at a cheaper price too. 

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

meh i hope not, so does this mean exclusives will come to pc too?

Around the Network
Ruler said:
meh i hope not, so does this mean exclusives will come to pc too?

That's a good thing. If that was the case, more people would have a chance to play those games.  

So who would buy the PSVR on PC with no support, when they can buy a dozen other headsets?

It's not like other headset has an amazing support

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

MortienGerrux said:
So who would buy the PSVR on PC with no support, when they can buy a dozen other headsets?

Anyone who has a PS4, derp.  Downplay harder.

User moderated for this post.

~Ultrashroomz 

They should make it ps4 exclusive for about to years and then go pc.