By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DS on 68.2% market share for 2 months?

I've noticed that front page has shown the DS to have 68.2% market share constantly since the end of jan. Is this a fault? Surely it couldn't have stayed the same all that time.

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - Spinal Tap

Around the Network

I know, PSP sales should be making it go down.

At the point the two consoles are at, it takes a lot of sales to shift marketshare, even by a point.

The relative improvement in PSP's performance has halted what was previously a gradual expansion of the DS marketshare.

Basically it's a combination of what Xponent and what Montana said. Up until recently the DS's market share was in a gradual rise, but recent increased PSP sales and just the fact that there are so many consoles that weekly and monthly sales are miniscule changes has really locked the number in place.

The current sales ratio is almost spot on 2:1 (DS:PSP), so its unlikely this ratio will change anytime soon. The longer this goes on for, the harder it is for either to significantly change (hardware) market share.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Ok. I just thought it was weird that it hadn't even changed by .1%

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - Spinal Tap

The DS is at exactly 68.20% market share right now, according to my extended figures. Meaning that, if it doesn't get at least that much of the weekly market share next week, it will drop into the 68.1x% region.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

In other words, the DS is still pwning the PSP on a weekly basis WW in static numbers, but for the percentage to change, it would have to outsell it by more than 2 to 1 for a very long time, and that probably won't happen(2 to 1, sure, but significantly more is doubtful).

The final marketshare for PSP to DS this gen is ABOUT 30 percent to 70 percent if a casual asks you.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
In other words, the DS is still pwning the PSP on a weekly basis WW in static numbers, but for the percentage to change, it would have to outsell it by more than 2 to 1 for a very long time, and that probably won't happen(2 to 1, sure, but significantly more is doubtful).

The final marketshare for PSP to DS this gen is ABOUT 30 percent to 70 percent if a casual asks you.

Or 2:1 for the DS if your a more positive thinkig PSP fan :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Sky Render said:
The DS is at exactly 68.20% market share right now, according to my extended figures. Meaning that, if it doesn't get at least that much of the weekly market share next week, it will drop into the 68.1x% region.

Which would probably still be rounded to 68.2% anyway...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957