By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NoE employee reportedly said that NX controller pics are fake

StarOcean said:
"My friend who works at Nintendo says its not real." Yup... totally legit. Im more inclined to believe the picture than some random dude on Twitter

well hes not completely random actuall. Liam robertson , good backtrack and correct on many times on fake leaks, and has inside info alot of times.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
KLXVER said:
I choose to believe this one. Makes me feel better.

lol... agreed. I'm going to stay in denial until Nintendo forces me out of it.

-facepalm-

Well it might not be the final product, but the latter looked like a prototype. The first shots looked like they where photoshopped but the second time someone took photo's the device looked quite real to me.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Does it matter? People believe only on what they want to believe. It's in that level of lunacy now.

So it's more likely to be fake, still it wouldn't be that big of a problem even if it was real...

Around the Network

Even if it was real (which I don't believe)... I don't see why everybody is so worried. If this is some kind of haptic screen (which I think Nintendo has patents about) the buttons should not be a problem. And even if doesn't have buttons... it cost me to believe that Nintendo is throwing something that is hard and uncomfortable to play videogames to the market. I would partially trust them, at least till I have the controller on my hands. I'm sure they have figured out a way to make touchscreen controls playable if the leak is truth. As for the shape of the controller... I don't see the problem.

Why are gamers so obsessed with obtaining information early? They will talk about it when it's ready to be talked about and they will show it when it's ready to be shown. The end.

Yet another gamer's obsession that i just do not understand.

I have my doubts that anyone who's not a higher up at NOE has seen or been briefed on the NX. NOE doesn't have any game development wing either.

Yes they work at Nintendo, but Nintendo is notorious for keeping their own employees, especially the foreign divisions like NOA and NOE largely out of the loop. It's part and parcel how they prevent just about any leaks.

Unfortunately for Nintendo there's only so much they can do about third parties though, at some point you have to give them hardware so they can make games, and third parties are much more prone to leaking things.

SpokenTruth said:
Soundwave said:
I have my doubts that anyone who's not a higher up at NOE has seen or been briefed on the NX. NOE doesn't have any game development wing either.

Yes they work at Nintendo, but Nintendo is notorious for keeping their own employees, especially the foreign divisions like NOA and NOE largely out of the loop. It's part and parcel how they prevent just about any leaks.

Unfortunately for Nintendo there's only so much they can do about third parties though, at some point you have to give them hardware so they can make games, and third parties are much more prone to leaking things.

So you are saying that 3rd parties know more about NX than their own foreign branches?  The very branches that will need months to prepare marketing, sales, retail, distibution, 1st party localization, 1st party publishing, legal, copyrights, trademarks, EU marks and certifications, etc...?   To say nothing of the fact that those foreign departments are usually the intermediaries between NCL in Japan and foreign 3rd parties.

In a word -- yes. Nintendo doesn't trust NOA/NOE with shit, this is why things like Nintendo Directs/E3 presentations/etc. etc. etc. never/rarely leak. Because NOA/NOE employees are given nothing to leak, this has been borne out before where some news has suddenly leaked on the internet, and a NOA/NOE employee not being up to date on it often responds in an out of touch fashion. 

A third party though? Once you send them that dev kit, I mean sure you can make them sign NDAs and all that, but in today's day and age all it takes is one guy with a cell phone camera or a big mouth and things can leak. 

NOA/NOE likely in a broad sense will learn about NX on a need to know basis, and that is right as they unveil it from Japan or maybe very slightly before. 

SpokenTruth said:
Soundwave said:

In a word -- yes. Nintendo doesn't trust NOA/NOE with shit, this is why things like Nintendo Directs/E3 presentations/etc. etc. etc. never/rarely leak. Because NOA/NOE employees are often clueless, this has been borne out before where some news has suddenly leaked on the internet, and a NOA/NOE employee not being up to date on it can't comment on it. 

A third party though? Once you send them that dev kit, I mean sure you can make them sign NDAs and all that, but in today's day and age all it takes is one guy with a cell phone camera or a big mouth and things can leak. 

NOA/NOE likely in a broad sense will learn about NX on a need to know basis, and that is right as they unveil it from Japan or maybe very slightly before. 

So NOA and NOE are currently working on marketing, sales, retail, distibution, 1st party localization, 1st party publishing, legal, copyrights, trademarks, EU marks and certifications, 3rd party relations, 3rd party development, etc...with no idea what the console or handheld or hybrid device actually is?

Most likely I would say 90%+ of NOA/NOE employees don't know much/anything about NX. The ones who know are higher ups and they're not dumb enough to leak anything. 

Nintendo isn't some feel good democracy where people gather around a table and talk through ideas, NOA/NOE are foreign distribution centers for Nintendo that shut up and do their job and they do so with minimal freedom and are kept on a very tight leash. 

SuperMetalDave, one of the few actual leaks from NOA described it well ... NOA employees even those who working on a particular project are kept in the dark about other projects. You're not ever brought into a room and told "OK, here's everything about what we're doing in the next year" or anything like that. 

It's far more likely a leak would be from a third party, because Nintendo has absolute and tight control over their own divisions, ain't shit leaking out from there, and that guy who leaked that release list to Super Metal Dave (which still has codenames for upcoming releases so their own employees don't even know which game is which definitively) likely got fired from Nintendo or severely repirmanded.