By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NoE employee reportedly said that NX controller pics are fake

we need to find mulder and skully, they also want to know the truth

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
KLXVER said:
I choose to believe this one. Makes me feel better.

This.

Yep, I'm on the same boat.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Here's a thought why don't we all wait till E3 then we will know what it is

Maybe it was real so they will change it after seeing the bad reactions?

First the Wii U production rumour, now this.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/42335/rumor-cats-nx-controller-edition

His friend told him that the images are fake?The rumours/leaks were already out of control, now they have entered in a chaos state.
Hope this is true though

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

My thoughts on this is they a version of a real prototype. They probably have 2-3 in the works.

Gave them out to a person they know can't keep their mouth shut and knew it would be leaked.

Now they seeing the reaction from gaming users.

Cobretti2 said:
My thoughts on this is they a version of a real prototype. They probably have 2-3 in the works.

Gave them out to a person they know can't keep their mouth shut and knew it would be leaked.

Now they seeing the reaction from gaming users.

I wouldn't be surprised that Nintendo leaked the more "weird" controller to test gamers reactions. And based on this reactions, they'll decide if this is the definitive controller or a safer one.

RolStoppable said:

The big problem with such a theory is that the sample of opinions would be collected mostly from a group that is notorious for being against change. A group that isn't representative of the market.

You could also apply the theory to Nintendo gauging reactions to changes in localisations. For example, you had people up in arms over Fire Emblem Fates, therefore Nintendo should have quickly adjusted the product. But of course Nintendo didn't do this. And of course the sales saw no notable negative impact despite the uproar.

Yep, you have a point. But they could only be testing "gamers" reactions to this controller, and, in some way, find a middle point to release a controller which will please gamers and mass market alike. Although, as you said, it would be just wishful thinking to pretend that gaming community will gladly acept this controller. We're in general against massive changes. Lack of physical buttons is something that I don't think we're prepared (and, honestly, I don't think it'll work).

Actually, what I really think is that some people are messing with us and having a really good time.