By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Busted!!! Media use wrong video footage of Brussels Airport Bombing

Before you watch; know that the attacks did happen, but using wrong footage for the viewers is not a good thing to do! What was their intention?

And consider this, I remember on 9/11, BBC reported the collapse of WTC7 a half hour before the office fires caused a collapse of the building.

Video Purporting to show Zaventem Airport explosion Was shot in 2011.

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/brussels-explosions-video-purporting-to-show-zaventem-airport-blast-was-shot-in-2011-a6945501.html

Terrorist Bombing at Domodedovo International Airport Moscow 1/24/2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7o0UWUuP-g

Brussels Airport Bomb Attacks 3/22/2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWBRQpTmw4E

What are your thoughts on this? comment below and let me know, and always remember to keep it civil.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

What is the bust? Some news outlets used the wrong clip and there can be several explanations for it, most likely someone using the wrong clip at one station, and the clip then spreading to other outlets. It happens all the time so that's nothing strange.

I don't understand russian, so I don't understand the context of the shown clips.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Euronews showed that footage yesterday in the morning claming that was in Brussels. I saw that on TV. However news websites were already talking about this mistake in the afternoon.

kowenicki said:
Good grief.

Human error. It happens. It is well reported what the situation was with the BBC thing too.

Please don't post crap like this so soon after an event of this type. Very bad taste. It isn't a political discussion either, it is yet another tin-pot conspiracy theory based on nothing.

I'd actually like to know your take on this is in detail and what your agenda is considering your hyperbole of "BUSTED!!!"

I suspect he's the kind of person that believes things like 

Fahrenheit 9/11

Around the Network

i understand where you are coming from, but jumping on to every little oddity in these events is not beneficial in any way

Ask yourself this - what relevance does the media using the wrong footage have to anything? The attacks clearly happened so its not to push an event that didn't happen and beyond that there's far more gruesome footage around to promote fear in people... so... imo its pretty irrelevant that they used the wrong footage here

Honestly at this stage i'm starting to think that things have progressed too far for the general public to turn around even if they did wake up

There will be more attacks and there will be severe consequences for those attacks for both sides

ironically the only ones who will be free of the consequences are going to be those who set up the situation to begin with

When you pull back and look at the plan as a whole the sheer simplicity of it is amazing

-spend decades destabalising the middle east in order to prime them for a conflict

-bring a large portion of those people over to the countries partially responsible for their situation to provide opportunities for retaliation

-????

kowenicki said:
Good grief.

Human error. It happens. It is well reported what the situation was with the BBC thing too.

Please don't post crap like this so soon after an event of this type. Very bad taste. It isn't a political discussion either, it is yet another tin-pot conspiracy theory based on nothing.

I'd actually like to know your take on this is in detail and what your agenda is considering your hyperbole of "BUSTED!!!"

I don't know if I can elaborate my OP any further. They have to have the producers approve, and then show it, so an error or not is out of the question. The point I'm making is, showing footage of an event that happened 3 years ago from another country is not a good thing to do.

The only agenda I see here is the one that you're make believing.

Dulfite said:

Fahrenheit 9/11

I'm going to speak out of context here to address your assumption about me.  For the record, I've never seen Fahrenheit 9/11, but I do watch the news very carefully.

Lets keep it rolling guys. Keep it civil and on topic.

The media runs on a 24h 'Feels' shedule with corporate backers selling their approved narrative. Don't except much journalistic behaviour from that end.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

deskpro2k3 said:
kowenicki said:
Good grief.

I don't know if I can elaborate my OP any further. They have to have the producers approve, and then show it, so an error or not is out of the question. The point I'm making is, showing footage of an event that happened 3 years ago from another country is not a good thing to do.

The only agenda I see here is the one that you're make believing.

Dulfite said:

Fahrenheit 9/11

I'm going to speak out of context here to address your assumption about me.  For the record, I've never seen Fahrenheit 9/11, but I do watch the news very carefully.

Lets keep it rolling guys. Keep it civil and on topic.

Not an assumption, just a suspicion. Also, don't even watch the news. It's a bunch of people that are simply trying to get ratings and, therefore money, causing them to somehow dumb down concepts and some how cram them into 2 minute televised descriptions. If you want the truth, do research on your own and cross reference like crazy. I haven't had a tv provider in a while.

Dulfite said:

Not an assumption, just a suspicion. Also, don't even watch the news. It's a bunch of people that are simply trying to get ratings and, therefore money, causing them to somehow dumb down concepts and some how cram them into 2 minute televised descriptions. If you want the truth, do research on your own and cross reference like crazy. I haven't had a tv provider in a while.

All right, but your point of interest is in the wrong place. Anything outside of topic, PM me.

Discuss about the footage.